I wrote this post last year for Doing Life Together, but it’s getting to be that time of year again. . .
It’s the day after Thanksgiving—let’s put on some Christmas music!
For me, music is an essential element of the season. Whether you’re preparing for Christmas by meditating on the miracle of the birth of the Christ, decorating your house, or choosing the perfect gifts for friends and family, music is a great kick-starter for getting into the Christmas spirit. Here are my personal favorite Christmas CDs:
- White Christmas—Bing Crosby. My parents played this when I was a little girl. If you made a movie about my childhood Christmases, this would be the sound track.
- Christmas—Mannheim Steamroller.
- Christmas Extraordinaire—Mannheim Steamroller.
- A Fresh Aire Christmas—Mannheim Steamroller. Do you see a pattern emerging? Any Christmas CD by Mannheim Steamroller would be wonderful. These just happen to be the three I own.
- A Renaissance Christmas—New York’s Ensemble for Early Music. This is available through the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (You can get it from their website…
View original post 251 more words