It’s all the Magic Violinist‘s fault–if I hadn’t read her post, I would never have know about Beautiful People for Writers. It’s a challenge to answer 10 questions about one of your fictional characters, to help to get him/her better.
I will be answering these about Hillary Noone, the protagonist of my work-in-progress, The Unicornologist.
- How did you come up with this character? Hillary is loosely based on myself as a teenager.
- Have they ever been starving? No, but she will come close in the book. Why? She camps deep in the woods for a week, and doesn’t bring enough food along. And what did they eat to break the fast? The book ends shortly after she returns home and before she gets to eat.
- Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of? Hillary is an brilliant student.
- List 3 things that would make them lose their temper. A. Being asked to do something by her step-mother. B. Being asked by her father to be respectful to her step-mother. C. Anyone attempting to harm the unicorn she is charged with protecting.
- What is their favourite type of weather? Warm and sunny. Least favorite? Cold and rainy.
- What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality? Hillary’s Myers-Briggs type is melancholic. She’s artistic, detail-oriented, patient, idealistic, perfectionist, moody, and introverted.
- Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future? Both.
- What is their favourite thing to drink? Coke.
- What is their favourite color? Green. Least favorite? Black.
- What is a book that changed their life? The Lore of the Unicorn. When she first became obsessed with unicorns, she borrowed this book from the library and studied it extensively.