Two years ago, I posted my first article on ARHtistic License. Yes, I am now entering Terrible Twos territory. No, no, no!
Last year I discovered that most of my popular articles were responses to photography challenges. This year all ten of my top ten posts were photo challenge submissions. (See below for some samples of my photographs. Click on the images for a slideshow of enlargements.)
Why? Why aren’t the articles I spent days researching and writing getting the attention my random photos get?
I’m especially proud of these articles:
- For Bloggers: How to Post Every Day
- How to Practice the Piano: Doh! Dohnányi
- ARHtistic License Creative Goals Challenge for 2017 (By the way, it’s not too late to accept the challenge. I post an update the first of every month.)
- V is for Van Gogh
- Ballet Feet (As of this writing, this article has been viewed 180 times and only has 8 likes. Is it that bad?)
Do I receive more feedback for my photo posts because photographers check out other photographers and are very generous with their encouragement? (Thank you, by the way.)
Or does my writing really suck?
Or is nobody interested in the arts and the creative process?
Or do readers not want to go to the trouble of signing up for a Gravatar account just to be able to click the “like” button? (Please reconsider. There are so many fabulous WordPress blogs and so many authors just dying to hear how they touched your heart. If you don’t tell them, they’ll go to their graves never knowing that their lives had meaning. Do you feel guilty yet?)
Anyway, I really want to know how to improve ARHtistic License, so that I can inspire a large community of creative readers.
This is where you come in. Please help by doing one or more things for me:
- In the sidebar on this screen, scroll through the TOPIC menu and see if you can find an article you’re interested in.
- If you read something you like on ARHtistic License, please hit the like button.
- If you have something to add, write a comment. (Other readers also might be interested in your opinion.)
- If you know someone who might want to read an article, please share it through social media and/or email.
- Please take the ARHtistic License Second Birthday Survey and let me know exactly how I can improve my blog. The survey consists of four mandatory questions, which take maybe five minutes to answer, unless you’re very indecisive. Then there are five more optional questions which you can skip if you want.
Thank you. Writers work in a vacuum. We thrive on feedback. When we don’t get it, we have no idea if we’re on the right track or missing it altogether.