If you’ve been blogging awhile, you’ve probably had days when you feel like giving up. It takes too much time, your readership is growing too slowly, you’re not sure if your blog really stands out. You feel like your work doesn’t matter.
But you’re not a quitter, so you decide to stick it out a little longer and try a fresh approach.
Check out the following suggestions for making your blog even better than it is now, with ideas from some of the best blogs on the web.
- Repost some of your best stuff on Medium. Are you aware of Medium? It’s a gigantic blogging community, free to use (although some portions of it are for paying member only). Here’s how to use Medium to boost your own blog. And here am I on Medium. Some people do all their blogging on Medium.
- Use keywords strategically. You might need to do a little keyword research.
- Research efficiently. Know where to look for facts and figures to authenticate your posts.
- Mix it up to keep your blog fresh.
- Devise a strategy that will generate topics for you. Here’s one way to do that.
- Write killer headlines. Use words that will catch readers’ attention.
- Solve the most common blogging problems. Fine tune your concept, write exceptional content, and increase your engagement.
- Streamline your productivity. Try batching your posts.
- Create special emails for your loyal readers. Many bloggers have newsletters, but don’t let yours be like your Great Aunt Tilly’s annual Christmas letter. Instead, send them something they’ll actually be eager to read.
- Share your content on many social media platforms. Here’s how one blogger gets extra mileage from her efforts.
I’m assuming that if you’ve read this far, you’re a blogger. Did you find this article helpful? If so, please click the “like” button and share this post on your favorite social media. Do you have something to add? Please share in the comments below. Feel free to illustrate with a link to your blog.