Did you make a resolution to blog more frequently in 2018? Good for you! But if you are like me, sometimes you have no idea what to write about.
I get some of my best ideas when I’m away from my desk. If I don’t write them down, they fly away. I carry a little assignment pad in my purse so I can capture ideas on the go, and occasionally I’ll take a walk with my notebook and pen, because physically moving frees up my imagination.
In the meantime, it’s always good to have a few ideas in the bank. So here are 30 ideas, results of a recent brainstorming session. If you like these, feel free to use them. You may want to bookmark this page for future reference.
- My earliest childhood memory.
- My first best friend.
- My favorite teacher in elementary school, high school, college.
- What I thought I’d grow up to be when I was a freshman in high school.
- What I did on September 11, 2001.
- What I believe about God.
- How I miss the mall (or the video store, or phone booths, or other cultural phenomena that were rendered obsolete by technology).
- My favorite recording artist when I was in high school.
- My favorite subjects in school.
- If I became president, the first thing I’d change.
- A photo essay of things that are my favorite color (examples: a blue car, a blue dress, a blue flower, etc.).
- A historical site near my home.
- My dream vacation.
- My bucket list.
- If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, whom I would choose, and why.
- One thing I wish I could do over, and what I would do differently this time.
- The most meaningful gift I ever received.
- My ten most favorite books, songs, or movies.
- My greatest achievement.
- A promise someone made that I never expected him to keep—but he did.
- A promise I made that I didn’t keep—and why.
- My favorite museum.
- The most beautiful town/city I ever visited.
- The musical instrument I most wish I had learned to play.
- The physical attribute I wish I had (blue eyes, blond hair, a mustache, an extra pair of hands, etc.).
- The sport I most wish I had learned to play.
- Something I’m waiting until I’m older to do.
- Something I’m glad I never did.
- My biggest regret.
- My pet peeve.
Do you have some ideas to share? List them in a comment below.
Was this post helpful to you? Spread the love. Please click the “Like” button, and share on all your social media.