Did you make a resolution to blog more frequently in 2018? Good for you! But if you are like me, sometimes you have no idea what to write about.
I get some of my best ideas when I’m away from my desk. If I don’t write them down, they fly away. I carry a little assignment pad in my purse so I can capture ideas on the go, and occasionally I’ll take a walk with my notebook and pen, because physically moving frees up my imagination.
In the meantime, it’s always good to have a few ideas in the bank. So here are 30 ideas, results of a recent brainstorming session. If you like these, feel free to use them. You may want to bookmark this page for future reference.
- My earliest childhood memory.
- My first best friend.
- My favorite teacher in elementary school, high school, college.
- What I thought I’d grow up to be when I was a freshman in high school.
- What I did on September 11, 2001.
- What I believe about God.
- How I miss the mall (or the video store, or phone booths, or other cultural phenomena that were rendered obsolete by technology).
- My favorite recording artist when I was in high school.
- My favorite subjects in school.
- If I became president, the first thing I’d change.
- A photo essay of things that are my favorite color (examples: a blue car, a blue dress, a blue flower, etc.).
- A historical site near my home.
- My dream vacation.
- My bucket list.
- If I could have dinner with any famous person, living or dead, whom I would choose, and why.
- One thing I wish I could do over, and what I would do differently this time.
- The most meaningful gift I ever received.
- My ten most favorite books, songs, or movies.
- My greatest achievement.
- A promise someone made that I never expected him to keep—but he did.
- A promise I made that I didn’t keep—and why.
- My favorite museum.
- The most beautiful town/city I ever visited.
- The musical instrument I most wish I had learned to play.
- The physical attribute I wish I had (blue eyes, blond hair, a mustache, an extra pair of hands, etc.).
- The sport I most wish I had learned to play.
- Something I’m waiting until I’m older to do.
- Something I’m glad I never did.
- My biggest regret.
- My pet peeve.
Do you have some ideas to share? List them in a comment below.
Was this post helpful to you? Spread the love. Please click the “Like” button, and share on all your social media.
Really great idea about the note book, but I’d also suggest a pen and paper by bed. I don’t know how many times I think of a great post before bed and then wake up having no idea what it was.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That’s a terrific idea. I had a friend who was a round dancer, and she designed all her own dance dresses. She got her best ideas while dreaming. When she dreamed herself dancing in a beautiful dress, she woke herself up and sketched it right then and there.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love all these Ideas! I am def going to use some. Thanks
Awesome! These are great ideas! Thanks for making the list!