I love looking at beautiful quilts. I get much of my inspiration on Pinterest. I also have my own Pretty Quilts board, a Quilting Tutorial board, and a Free-Motion Quilting board.
Whenever I have a quilting dilemma, I go to YouTube and see if someone has posted a video. How wide should I cut my binding strips? How do I go around the corners? Somebody else has already figured it out.
Because I’m a blogger, I also read lots of blogs about my interests. Here are some of my favorite quilt blogs:
- Quilt Inspiration. These gals go to quilt shows and take pictures. They also have an archive of hundreds of free patterns.
- Teresa Down Under. Teresa creates the best video tutorials. They’re quick and concise. And she’s made dozens of them.
- Treadlemusic. This motorcycling Granny’s specialty is transforming vintage linens into intricately quilted masterpieces. She also brings her camera to quilt guild meetings and shares the show-and-tells.
- Catbird Quilt Studio. Melanie is a prolific quilter and she shares her works in progress and her thoughts about quilting.
- A Quilting Life. Sherri designs patterns and writes quilt books. There’s a lot of advertising on her blog, but her stuff is gorgeous.
- Happy in Quilting. Peg shares whatever she’s working on, plus pictures of her adorable grandchildren.
- Sewing Etc. Kathy Reeves quilts, sews, knits, and embroiders.
- Lisa Bongean’s Weblog. Lisa posts a block of the week pattern for beautiful sampler quilts.
- American Quilt Society. A great source of information about publications and national quilt shows, free patterns and tutorials.
- Katy Trail Creations. This blogger shares her quilts as well as anything else she’s doing.
- Deep in the Heart of Textiles. Textile Ranger shares her quilts and her love of everything textile.
- Peggy and Sami Quilts. Peggy Cooper is the quilter; Sami is her Boston terrier.
I hope you’ll follow some of these excellent quilting blogs. And keep visiting ARHtistic License, too, for pictures of the quilts I’m working on.
Do you have some favorite quilt blogs that aren’t on this list? Please share in the comments below.