The internet contains a wealth of resources for anyone who wants to learn a skill such as quilting. Between YouTube and quilting blogs, you can learn everything you need to know to make beautiful quilts. Here are 9 wonderful examples.
- Teresa Down Under has many tutorials on her website and on her YouTube channel. This is one of my favorites, and I hope to use this easy pattern soon.
- This tutorial inspired me to get a Dresden plate ruler. You don’t have to make the blades from a charm pack; you can use fat quarters or any old bits of fabric you have left over from other projects. You can make them up to 8” tall.
- An adorable chicken quilt I’m looking forward to making.
- How to make a string quilt.
- Pool noodles: an essential quilting tool.
- When you have a colorful quilt, how do you decide what color thread to use for the quilting?
- The stuff and fluff method of quilting a large quilt on a standard sewing machine. I haven’t done this yet. I recently had a queen-sized quilt professionally quilted because I was too intimidated by this process. (More about that in a future post.) But it’s interesting, and I want to eventually try it.
- Someday I’m going to try free-motion quilting. Until then, I’m going to watch tutorials like this one.
- How to bind a quilt.
Now it’s your turn. Do you know of a great online quilting tutorial, or have you created one yourself? Please share a link in the comments below.