Thank you to Jillian of Feed My Family for nominating me for the Special Blogger Award. Jillian’s son and husband are sensitive to sulphites in food, so they’ve been on a journey of finding foods that nourish without harm. But she’s also interested in nourishing the mind, heart, and soul. Check out her blog!
Usually I turn down awards like this one, but I decided to make an exception in this case because I can direct my readers to other creative blogs they might be interested in following, so please read on to the end.
1 Thank the blogger who nominated you (as above ).
2 Answer the questions you are asked (if you’re comfortable doing so!).
3 Create 10 questions for the bloggers you’ve nominated.
4 Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the Special Blogger Award.
5 Comment on your nominees’ most recent blog post to let them know you’ve nominated them.
6 Have fun!
Answers to the questions I was given:
- What’s your favourite main meal? Oh, dear. I’m an omnivore. I love all food. But a particular favorite is shrimp scampi.
- What’s your favourite dessert? There’s almost no dessert I’ll turn down. I love a good vanilla ice cream.
- What sort of exercise do you do? I love to dance, particularly international folk dancing. I’m a member of Phoenix International Folk Dancers, and I’ve been charged with preparing the dance list for our next Folk Dance Festival, coming up on March 21. I also love to walk in the neighborhood and hike in the many desert parks in the Phoenix area. April through September you can find me in my pool. And if the weather is wet, I may be at the gym.
- What’s a great book that you’ve read lately? Echo’s Sister by Paul Mosier. It’s a Middle Grades book, but that doesn’t mean older people can’t benefit from reading it. It’s about a family dealing with the cancer diagnosis of their youngest daughter and how it impacts every member of the family and also their community.
- What’s your favourite boardgame? The game I play most often is Full Deck Solitaire on the computer.
- What’s a must see movie that you’d recommend? I love the Hunger Games franchise, about resistance to a dystopian government. I watch all four every chance I get. They always seem to be on TV. The most recent movie I’ve seen was A Star is Born, which was so worth it to see Lady Gaga without outlandish makeup and costumes. She’s so beautiful and talented. And the chemistry between her and Bradley Cooper had everybody talking.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Quilting, playing piano, drawing, painting, Zentangle, reading, writing, taking photographs, crocheting.
- How do you let others know that you care about them? I tell them I love them.
- What do you do to take care of your soul? I read scripture and pray everyday.
- What is something your grateful for, right now? I am thankful for my husband. We recently celebrated our 46th anniversary.
10 Questions for my nominees:
Because my nominees are creatives, I want to ask them about their art.
- What is your favorite kind of art to make?
- When did you begin creating?
- Whose art (of any kind) do you most admire?
- How would you characterize your art?
- Which piece that you’ve made are you most proud of?
- What is a medium you’ve never tried, but would like to?
- What future project are you most looking forward to?
- How would you define beauty?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would you choose, and why?
Judith of Artistcoveries
I discovered Judith’s blog about four years ago, as she was beginning her journey as a painter. It’s been interesting and encouraging to watch her grow–she’s been faithfully documenting her goofs as well as her triumphs.
Kathy Reeves of Sewing Etc.
I’ve followed Kathy’s blog for a long time. I stumbled onto it when I was looking for quilting posts, but she’s quite a polymath. I recently interviewed her for ARHtistic License. (I hope she’s not tired of answering my questions. . .)
Stephanie Finnell of Katy Trail Creations