We are so blessed to live in the information age. The internet is full of free content that can help you learn any skill you want to acquire.
I have a file on my computer called Blog Posts I Really Like. This is where I save links to all sorts of articles that I want to reread because they’re so valuable. Periodically, I go on a reading binge and reread a bunch. Other times I scroll through the list because I know I saved something on a particular topic. Yesterday, I reread about twenty writing articles, looking for good ones to share with you. Here are the twelve best:
- How to write a memoir.
- How to write great dialogue.
- Writing tips from a medical transcriptionist.
- How scene lists keep your novel-writing on track.
- How to create the perfect book title.
- Why journaling is important.
- How to interpret classic writing advice. (It doesn’t always mean what you think it means.)
- How to fast draft. (This would be good to reread right before NaNoWriMo.)
- One writer’s process.
- How to make the leap from amateur to pro.
- How to write a book review.
- How to write an author bio.
Now it’s your turn. Have you saved any online articles on writing that you’ve found particularly helpful? Or have you written something about the craft of writing that you’d like to share? Is there a writing blog that you especially like? Share a link in the comments below.