I really wish I could write funny stuff. I mean, I’ve written scenes that made my critique group laugh out loud, but actually writing a humor piece—that’s hard.
I’ve been looking for comedy strategies on online, and I’m going to work on some of the ideas in the articles linked below:
- Essential exercises for comedy writers.
- Joke generators.
- Top 10 ways to increase your humor.
- Comedy tips from Jerry Seinfeld.
- Fun with random sentence generators.
- Take a lesson from Judd Apatow.
- Comedy prompts.
- Funny fundamentals.
- A comprehensive guide to humor.
- Tips from 10 funny women.
Now it’s your turn. I hope to share a project from one of these articles in a future post. Maybe these suggestions will resonate with you, too. If you’re inspired to write a humor piece, please share it in the comments below.