One of the activities I’ve missed since the beginning of the pandemic is playing in the handbell choir in church. They started up again in September, but because of another obligation, I’ve opted out for now, though Greg and I have had the pleasure of hearing them a couple of times when we’ve attended worship in person. Here is the Desert Cross Lutheran Church Ringing Praise playing “Angels We Have Heard on High” in 2017.
I discovered a wonderful virtual handbell concert recorded last year. The program includes:
- Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
- O Come, O Come Immanuel (not a separate piece, but woven into a couple of arrangements)
- Ding Dong Merrily on High
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Coventry Carol
- Sing We Now Of Christmas
- Rocking Carol
- The Holly and the Ivy
- Carol of the Bells
- Silent Night (sorry if I missed any)
And finally, I think you’ll agree that it takes careful choreography for four musicians to play the Hallelujah Chorus on handbells.