Lots of artistic things in this week’s offerings.
Five of these articles are about quilts or quilting or photographing quilts. But there are also blogging tips, a summer reading list, and other interesting stuff.
Things to amaze you. Things you can do yourself.
Especially heavy on writing articles this week.
Lots of artsy stuff this week.
Hey, if you’re a writer, there are THREE articles here for you. And nine for everybody else.
- Design so beautiful you’ll want to live here.
- Like dogs and horses? Then you’ll love this Instagram account.
- For the fiction writers: tips from Margie Lawson.
- Sculptures made from zip-ties.
- An artist celebrates her pregnancy.
- Does your writing routine (or any creative practice) need a refresh? Go outside.
- Do you like sunflowers? Here’s a bunch of ‘em.
- Interesting street art.
- Why writers should just do it and get it over with. (Sensitivity alert: there is a metaphor in this article that may be offensive to some people and may be an anxiety trigger for others. It made me laugh. Full disclosure: I’ve never had this procedure; back in the Stone Age, when I was dating, it wasn’t yet a “thing.”)
- Do you ever think about writing your memoir?
- I’m glad I read this. The pandemic, which I thought was almost over, is back again with a vengeance, and I have been longing for the good old days like nobody’s business. I needed a reminder that our lives before weren’t necessarily great, and I don’t have to look at the present like it’s oppressive.
- Chimneys used to be a much bigger deal than they are today.
Works of art. Personal experiences. Articles to enrich your weekend.
Today all my curated articles are from one of my favorite blogs, MyOBT (aka My One Beautiful Thing). Blogger Donna has a daily mission to share one beautiful thing. And she succeeds every day.
Enjoy these? Maybe you should follow MyOBT.
Lots of artsy stuff here, and a challenge for YOU to get creative!
Mentally stimulating. Inspiring. Lovely to look at.