Lots of inspiring stuff this week.
This video was all I needed to convince me to see A Star Is Born.
Look how beautiful Lady Gaga is with no outlandish makeup and no stupid costumes. Listen to her beautiful voice when there are no flashy visuals to detract from her talent.
Twelve articles for your artistic pleasure.
Artistic ideas to inspire your weekend:
- Need some gift ideas for artistic peeps?
- Should you buy a watercolor book? Some considerations, as well as an interesting technique.
- Fabulous variations on the Zentangle pattern W2.
- Love to travel? Here, a blogger recalls some of her favorite trips.
- The opening credits of the movie Muse, which I have not seen. A little creepier than what I usually include in the Juice, but certainly creative.
- Intricate papercutting.
- Award-winning photographs.
- Beautiful glass.
- The Miracle Mural Project.
- Photographs of kids growing up in the Bronx.
- What is ammonite?
- Sketching surfers in Portugal.
A dozen inspiring articles to spark your creativity:
- Beautiful Jersey City and Paterson, New Jersey.
- Two of my favorite things: quilts and limericks.
- Art dolls.
- Can creativity be taught?
- These new books sound great. Hollywood thought so, too.
- This article about Picasso summarizes: “Not only has massive chunks of our culture been created by specific men who abuse women but also that so-called ‘Western culture’ in its entirety has been marked and in many ways defined by systemic and institutionalized misogyny that has chewed up women for art and discarded them en masse.” Some things never change. Or can they?
- Do you like potato chips that look like faces, and clouds that look like other objects? Then this quick video will make you smile.
- How to draw a fox.
- Some beautiful tangles.
- What the blank spaces in a painting convey.
- Inexpensive copies of art masterpieces you’ll use every day.