A lot of incredible photography this week. And some other stuff. Enjoy!
- Sunset in.
- Unfortunately, most of the things I make are like something I’ve seen. How do we acquire the courage to experiment with an original design?
- I <heart> NY!
- This would be a fun art project to do with kids.
- Three friends travel through Europe, following Van Gogh’s footsteps to gain insight into his art.
- “Illustwriter” Hallie Bateman talks about inspiration.
- Gorgeous quilts!
- Amazing photographs of birds.
- Just 30 seconds of Christmas decorations at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- Liquid rugs.
- How does this happen? People in art museums blending in with the artwork…
- Dizzying photographs of a Chinese library.
Some of my favorite internet offerings for the season:
- When I was a girl, I loved to watch Magoo’s Christmas Carol, an annual television special retelling the Dickens classic through a popular cartoon character of the time. I learned the songs by heart, and I’d sing along. Sadly, I haven’t seen it telecast in decades, but here’s a clip:
- My current favorite Christmas movie is Elf, especially this scene:
- During my childhood, Bing Crosby’s Christmas album continuously played on our record player. Here’s one of the songs:
- Do you sew? Do you need ideas for a couple of last-minute gifts? Some of these patterns are free.
- Also, some free ornament patterns to sew.
- Read Christmas essays. Perhaps you’ll want to submit one yourself.
- Are you simply drained? Are you looking for a fun way to celebrate that doesn’t require hours of preparation?
- Some over-the-top decorating ideas.
- Print out these unique gift tags.
- Immortalize your pets on your Christmas tree.
- Christmas bucket list.
- I haven’t made these Christmas pretzels, so I can’t guarantee they’re as good as they look.
- I didn’t make these Krispie Treat Christmas Balls. Let me know how they turn out.
- Holiday ideas for people who’d rather see pictures than read directions.
- Do you have way more Christmas ornaments than will fit on your tree? Here’s what you can do with them.
- What? You don’t have your Christmas cards yet? Here are a bunch you can make with your kids.
- And for pure silliness, you can’t beat the Muppets: