This week’s dozenly dose of creative articles:
- Personally, I love reading young adult novels. Here are this year’s best sellers.
- Breathtaking blue quilts.
- This looks like a great workspace setup.
- Photos of surreal beauty and long-past glory…
- Did you know you can cultivate habits that make you smarter?
- These dishes give me the creeps, and yet I admire their artistry.
- Don’t fall into the comparison trap. Would you believe Henri Matisse felt he did not measure up to the other artists of his day?
- Kauai is on my bucket list, but one of my favorite artists is there now.
- The ultimate artist DIY—making your own paints.
- Inspiration for writers.
- Beautiful illustrations by Tina MacNaughton.
- Map of the world, redesigned to eliminate distortion.
Are you ready for a baker’s dozen doses of inspiration?
Twelve articles to tickle your fancy:
A baker’s dozen of inspiring ideas to enhance your creativity:
Glimpses of beauty from eleven different sources.
- What if you looked at tears under a microscope?
- I love Ann Voskamp’s Multivitamin posts. (They’re not about vitamins; they’re a collection of good, uplifting, beautiful, and sometimes funny stuff.)
- When you’re taking photographs, always take multiple shots.
- If you’re going to be in New York City between now and September 17, 2017, you might want to check out the Rauchenberg exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art.
- Insight from a six-year-old.
- Take notes like Leonardo Da Vinci.
- Creativity—the lies, and the truth.
- Prize-winning illustrations.
- I love a good caricature, don’t you?
- Grafitti—vandalism or art form?
- Biological classification charts.
Ten articles full of beauty to inspire you to make beautiful things:
A dozen delicious offerings served up to tempt your artistic palette:
- This article is much longer than what’s usually included in Creative Juice. It’s also the saddest story I’ve read in a long time—and it’s true. But people need to read this.
- Want to make time to be more creative? I participated in the Index-Card-A-Day Challenge last year, and I’m doing it again this year. You can, too.
- This article is a little old (we’re past the end of the coloring challenge mentioned in it), but I love the artwork, so I’m sharing.
- Love coffee table art books? You can enjoy 204 of them for free—virtually.
- Reading list for personal growth.
- Sand scuptures.
- The Garden of Earthly Delights.
- Wouldn’t this be a nice home to own?
- You could totally do this flower pot project.
- I didn’t even know I needed art masking fluid. Now I must have it!
- Have you ever gone through The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron? It’s a 12-week exercise to increase your creativity. I’ve done it once, and I want to eventually do it again. A few years ago I read this related article, and it was so beautiful I saved it. Now I share it with you.
- Reasons to make art, even if it’s not all that good.
Twelve recent articles to challenge your preconceptions and open you up to new possibilities.
A dozen expressions of rampant creativity.
Twelve sources of inspiration for your creative endeavors: