Some beautiful, some quirky, all creative:
- Paintings with the look of vintage photographs.
- Vintage photographs taken by a teenaged Stanley Kubrick.
- These beautiful creations remind me of when I took up embroidery as a young wife. I miss those days.
- I always wondered how Chicago came up with the title 25 or 6 to 4.
- Paintings of Max Pechstein.
- I’ve read 12 of these, and I’d like to read more of the books on this book club reading list.
- Twenty-five free and easy quilt patterns.
- I want to win this contest. Only funny people need apply. Am I funny enough?
- Beautiful Christmas quilt—and links to many more original designs.
- The illustrations of Mike Ciccotello.
- That awkward moment at the museum when you see your portrait—and it was painted before you were born…
- Surreal images of synchronized swimmers.
Beautiful, unusual, entertaining, fun, and creative:
Your latest installment of beauty and creativity, just in time for your weekend enjoyment:
- More beautiful quilts from Utah.
- Fashion photography on location.
- Beautiful murals.
- Gorgeous paintings of animals.
- Lovely zentangles.
- Do you have your own unique sense of style? Maybe. Maybe not.
- What do you look for in a traveling companion?
- Crazy coincidental dressing.
- I’ve read three of these bestselling books of summer, 2017, and found one more I need.
- What would it take to get you to look out your train window?
- Light show.
- Cars and legs.
Just in time for the weekend—thirteen articles to tickle your creative impulses:
This very special edition of Creative Juice features posts from My OBT, one of my very favorite blogs. Every day, Donna shares something beautiful—or not so beautiful. I include at least one of her posts in CJ each week, but I have so many in reserve I thought I’d bless you with a whole bunch today. If you enjoy them, you might want to subscribe to My OBT so you never miss a single one.
Fill up on these amazing glimpses of genius.
- More modern quilts.
- Rope art.
- Almost as good as being in a watercolor workshop.
- Taking paper flowers to a highly-refined level.
- What do you believe in?
- Sweet little rats.
- When I was a student in Pittsburgh, I visited Heinz Chapel and loved the blue light streaming in through the stained glass windows. Here’s a mosque in Iran whose windows cast a kaleidoscopic effect.
- I’ve read nine of these one-sitting books. Only 91 more to go…
- Pigeons wouldn’t be nearly so annoying if you could get them to wear crocheted duds.
- Gorgeous astrophotography.
- A gallery that features art of 60+year-old artists.
- A husband and wife who create snow globes together.
Twelve more sources of creative inspiration:
- The guitar in art.
- Beautiful modern quilts.
- Man’s best friend.
- The loveliest GIFs ever.
- I always love seeing Suhita Shirodkar’s sketches.
- When I was in high school in the late 1960s, I sometimes took the bus into New York City so I could wander through Central Park.
- Unique, affordable travel accommodations.
- Take a walk in the garden.
- Prize-winning travel photos from the National Geographic contest.
- A new application for the Five Second Rule.
- Pixilation enters the world of sculpture.
- Lessons learned at Uffizi Gallery.
Twelve creative articles for you to enjoy! May they inspire you on your artistic journey.
- Living in that uncomfortable place where you want to just create, but you have to pay bills.
- John Singer Sargent’s visual harmony.
- Photography: Princess Diana being a mom.
- Sculpture from garbage.
- How to paint heather. (Click the picture—it’s a video.)
- Good reading list. I’ve read at least seven of these. Disliked one, though.
- Gorgeous photographs. I just wish there were captions listing the locations they were taken.
- Watch these quilting videos, and enter this quilt giveaway today!
- You can never have too much summer.
- Thinking of visiting San Francisco? This will change your mind. Maybe.
- Minimalism in photography.
- An artist’s allegiance to watercolor.
Your weekly fix of artistic inspiration.
- House block quilts.
- Palm paintings.
- Advice about creativity.
- A closer look at Gustav Klimt’s painting, The Kiss.
- How to get really good at something.
- I am such a terrible mother. I never even thought of doing this. My girls are now in their twenties and thirties. Maybe when (if) I have granddaughters…
- Photos of Jersey City and Manhattan. (As a former Jersey girl, I get a little homesick when I see scenes like these.)
- Do you have too many books? Maybe not.
- Amazing footage captured on a security camera and the science behind it.
- Art with an expiration date.
- How an engineering student became a children’s book illustrator.
- What do you see in the clouds?
Your weekly dose of artistic inspiration: