Great ideas to get your creative mojo going this weekend.
- Two quilt shows.
- Cuba in photographs.
- Beautiful paintings and drawings by David Harrison.
- Lovely tangles.
- Paper creatures.
- I don’t understand all these artsy apps, but they’re cool.
- Reading aloud to older children is beneficial, too.
- The stuff at thrift stores just keeps getting better.
- Stephen King takes a stand in favor of book reviews in the local newspaper, and his fans support him—and subscribe to the newspaper.
- Design trends for 2019.
- Photos of forest fauna in Finland.
- When life gives you snow, make a snow sculpture.
Twelve articles to help creatives take their artistic endeavors to the next level. Soak up some inspiration!
4, 6, and 7 are especially beneficial for the new year.
- I’ve read a bunch of these memoirs and found a few to add to my TBR pile.
- Natural fashion.
- For all the writers. Especially the freelancers. Do you deserve a reward today?
- How to be a good father.
- I love The Frugal Crafter! Here’s an upcycling project she recently posted. I love the video as well as the instructions.
- Ways to put failures and setbacks into perspective. (Warning: the F-word is used liberally in this article.)
- Using the Da Vinci Schedule to increase your productivity and prevent burnout.
- I think my next quilt project for myself should be a red-and-white Christmas quilt. Some of these done up in Christmas fabrics would work very nicely.
- I’d love to see the tools this artist used to cut this lacy octopus.
- Why art matters.
- I find this sculpture particularly moving.
- Your creativity requires structure.
Ending the year with lots of creative ideas.
Christmas is a good time to consider books (they make great gifts, just sayin’) and other beautiful things.
Beautiful stuff to inspire you to greater creativity. Get out there and make some art, people.
- Sand sculptures.
- For the cat lovers.
- Quilt show-and-tell.
- Beautiful tangles from all over the world, same theme.
- The 100 books of 2018 that the New York Times considers notable.
- Aachen Cathedral and the wardrobe of Mary.
- Crease. Fold. Color.
- Favorite recipes. Lovely servingware.
- Gorgeous laser-cut light displays.
- Prize-winning photography.
- Artwork available as prints, posters, shirts, and skateboards.
- An artist’s tribute to her dad. (You’ll need a hanky for this one.)