A baker’s dozen of artful articles (better for you than donuts!):
Fourteen articles, guaranteed to spark lots of creative ideas.
Fifteen articles to ignite the spark.
Fifteen inspiring articles to uplift you:
Fourteen more articles to start your Friday creative streak:
- Melanie McNeil shares the quilts she made in 2016.
- I think you may be obsessive compulsive if you do this, but I love the results. I may have to try this idea…
- Nostalgia time. My husband had one of these in his classroom to help his students improve their listening skills.
- Are you jealous when you see all the creative things other people are doing?
- Combining loves of ballet and reading.
- The illustrations of Hanna McCaffery.
- I think a dragon is the perfect subject for a quilt.
- A grandfather posts a drawing a day for his grandchildren on his Instagram account.
- Um, some of these one-of-a-kind Etsy finds are examples of creativity gone awry.
- Scrap paper sculpture.
- Joel Kioko, a young ballet dancer from Kenya.
- The embroidery of Humayrah Bint Altaf
- Norm 2.0 is known for his Thursday Doors photography posts, but here he combines doors and street art.
- How do you do free-motion quilting at a retreat? Like this.
Fourteen inspiring articles to send you to your creative work station.
Fifteen articles to inspire you in the New Year:
- Glass miniature masterpieces.
- These dogs, drawn by Holly Lucero, will give you nightmares.
- A way to look at your subject so you can draw it more accurately.
- Skyscrapers into infinity.
- Please buy me a book illustrated by Tihomir Čelanović. I wish I could read the stories these drawings tell.
- Breathtaking views of Paris, 1946.
- I just love Suhita Shirodkar’s work. Take a peek at her sketchbook.
- Here’s a cool zentangle technique.
- You can turn a fail around.
- Tips from people who have been around the block a few times.
- Woody Guthrie’s New Year resolutions from 1943. I could make a few of these, even though I’m allergic to New Year resolutions.
- I’m going to try this technique for watercolor backgrounds for zentangle.
- The large-scale paintings of Salman Khoshroo. Be sure to watch the video of the artist at work. Fascinating.
- A Christian’s take on creativity and mental illness. Though I’m also a Christian, I don’t believe exactly as she does, but it’s still an interesting essay. Warning: the video is decidedly unholy.
- I’m thinking of participating in this challenge. How about you? It may help you reach one of your goals for 2017…
Twelve articles to make lightbulbs shine above your head.
It’s hard to be creative with the holidays looming, right? Here are a dozen articles to get you in the mood:
Ten articles that will tickle your artistic brain: