Note from Andrea: I goofed. This article was supposed to appear tomorrow, but when I turned on my computer today, I forgot what day it was; I thought it was Friday instead of Thursday and I expected to see Creative Juice up on my blog–so I went to my future-scheduled posts and edited this to publish immediately, and it wasn’t until afterward that I realized my mistake. So, I’m sorry–I’ve got nothing for tomorrow; I jumped the gun today.
Why not spend an hour exploring these 12 wonderful articles?
Lots of gorgeous photography this week.
12 wonderful articles to mull over.
- Quilt show!
- Now go to South Africa for a quilt festival. Be sure to watch the video, although it may give you vertigo. She runs through the whole exhibition hall and films hundreds of quilts in a few minutes. My eyes (and her camera) don’t focus that fast, and maddeningly, she doesn’t linger at some of the quilts I most want to get a good look at.
- What will your legacy be?
- Excellent destinations for a writer’s vacation. (Be sure to check out the suggestions in the comments as well.)
- Why you should write short stories.
- Amazing amateur photography.
- Autumn foliage.
- Why writers read.
- These signs had me laughing out loud.
- An unsolved mystery from 120 years ago.
- Celebrating World Ballet Day.
- The value of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. I’ve been meaning to read it.
Some pretty things, some scary things, some tips for fiction writers, and more.
A lot to admire in this week’s collection of articles.
Interesting articles to read this weekend.
A lot of articles that will stimulate your thinking this week. And some pretty stuff.
- Wonderful woodworking projects.
- I’ve never gone to a county fair. Have you?
- I never knew sea grass was so interesting.
- Dreams may be the key to your creativity.
- Feedback hurts. How to accept it in stride, and how to give it constructively.
- Habitat for Humanity in Phoenix is trying out 3D printed homes.
- Extraordinary photos of ocean waves.
- Just the thought of tattoos makes me cringe, but these are amazing.
- James Rey Sanchez discusses his process and how he broke into illustrating children’s books.
- A painter discusses Paul Cézanne’s still lifes. More about Cézanne.
- Halloween is less than two months away. There is no better time for writing horror. Here are thirteen tips.
- Whatever the art, you’ve got to put in the time. Every day.
A baker’s dozen today. (No, actually 14 beautiful or helpful things to look at today.)
- A lot of these Twitter posts made me laugh out loud.
- Fairyland paradise.
- Amazing prize-winning nature photos.
- Cute quilt pattern make with different fabrics.
- Gorgeous red-and-white quilts.
- Writers, delete these words from your manuscript today. (Yeah, I know. I’m guilty too.)
- The apprenticeship of Leonardo da Vinci.
- A watercolorist’s process.
- Fabulous child photography on this Instagram page.
- Sunflowers, sketched several ways.
- Interesting double exposures.
- A potter discusses the contemporary modernism of a 500-year-old Chinese vessel.
- Have you ever seen a murmuration of starlings? Watch this video, and then look at these etchings.