Amusing. Beautiful. Interesting.
Things other people have made. Things you can make. Interesting stuff to learn about.
Creativity and beauty in spades:
Passing along helpful information and amazing art:
Lots of fun, and one solemn thing:
Good ideas, along with silly stuff and nerdy stuff.
Three poems this week, some funny stuff, and some useful information, as well as beauty.
Don’t spend one more day not knowing about these things:
With all this sheltering-in-place, we need a little diversion, whimsy, and beauty.
- Recreating masterpieces. See also #9.
- The notorious Banksy.
- Who would have guessed I’d find two Banksy articles in the same week? Here’s what happens when he works from home.
- Reading suggestions for staying at home.
- I really like this format for poetry.
- Animal Farm illustrated.
- Would you like to sleep at Stephen King’s house?
- Surf’s up! Prizewinning surfing photos.
- Even gerbils need art galleries. (But please don’t eat the furniture.)
- Oh, crumb! I missed the Arizona Quilt Show. Not to worry—here are some great pictures.
- Do you love children’s picture books? Look at these glorious illustrations and enter the giveaway.
- Ever hear of coade stone? Me neither, but at one time it was a very popular sculpting material.
Either you have nothing to do, or you have way too much to do. Either way, take off an hour to look through these artistic articles.
- I have a fantasy of getting a second masters degree—in art history. Maybe this second-best idea is more realistic.
- I laughed at the first 15 of these vacation pictures. And then I just got sad.
- Use these online resources to expand your creativity during lockdown.
- When the people are away, the goats will play.
- Do you know what ATCs are? Artist Trading Cards. Check out this bunch.
- Paintings of Yosemite.
- Introverts, our year has come.
- I am so jealous of people who keep art journals. (I know, I know, I should just do it. . .)
- How to make art a habit.
- Don’t you just love exploring a new friend’s house and seeing all the beautiful things she has? Quilter Frances Arnold has so kindly let us into hers.
- Do you like squirrels? Then you’ll just love this Instagram account.
- Sketch yourself with a mask.