Funny stuff. Pretty stuff. Serious stuff.
- Some of these will make you laugh and some will make you cry, but it’s all good.
- Writers, should you write a cozy mystery?
- Did you ever have a great idea, get started on it, take a break from it, and feel guilty about never getting back to it? Sometimes you just gotta let go.
- Nathalie escorts us on a tour featuring murals in Jersey City.
- More murals; these are from Montreal. (FYI, Norm no longer coordinates Thursday Doors. Go to No Facilities for those now.)
- How to say no. Why to say no.
- Love flowers? You’re gonna love these photos.
- Black artists (and artists of color) lack the opportunities their white counterparts enjoy.
- You might enjoy this Instagrammer’s paintings for World Watercolor Month.
- You have to see these amazing crochet projects. (I’ll pass on the broccoli hat, but I want almost everything else.)
- The most beautiful gifs I’ve ever seen. Depending on your internet connection, they might take a few moments to load, but hang on, they’re worth it.
- A sculptor abandons metal in favor of fabric.
Beauty, brilliance, utility, and laughs.
A lot of beauty in today’s articles, curated especially for you.
- Do you like Irish step dancing?
- If you read my post about the Sirens, you know I love to sleep.
- Georgia O’Keeffe on the art of seeing. And lots of links, if you enjoy going down rabbit holes.
- I may have included these father of the bride photos in a previous edition of Creative Juice. You know what? They’re so beautiful, you should see them again.
- Beautiful fruit photography.
- Read your children some books about kindness and talk about how to make a difference in the lives of the people around you.
- I’d never heard of Sonny Curtis, even though I’m familiar with two of his most famous songs; but I love his daughter’s essay about him.
- Would you believe there are 800 pairs of herons living in Amsterdam? Maybe because of the canals. . .
- Ingenious and useful creations from toilet paper rolls.
- A mom’s June sketchbook pages.
- I love this Instagrammer’s ICAD cards.
- How a quilter pieced a 60-piece block perfectly!
Works of art. Personal experiences. Articles to enrich your weekend.
Stuff inspiring and strange.
- My kids are full-fledged adults now, or I would be really tempted to buy these incredible toys for them. Maybe if I ever have grandbabies. . .
- There are rules for creativity (but one of them is create your own rules).
- For the writers: I am critiquing a romance right now, and I’m so impressed with the author’s pacing. The words disappear and I’m watching the action play out like a movie in my head. I love that as a reader. How do I do that as a writer?
- I recently bought a few new brushes, and one of them was a wedge. I can’t wait to try it, probably next month during World Watercolor Month.
- I love the fabrics this quilter selected for her challenge block.
- Here is another artist who is participating in the Index-Card-a-Day challenge.
- When my son was a little boy, he called certain cars “face cars.” The term “face” came up in this article about how to draw a car.
- Colorful chameleons. I’m itching to paint them.
- Islamic tile work.
- My God, what have we done to the earth?
- I know about the painted desert, but I never heard of the painted cliffs.
- The validation of seeing your photograph on a billboard.
You’re bound to find some inspiration in one of these twelve articles.
Most of this week’s articles include beautiful things to look at, but there’s also one tutorial and 12 savings strategies.