A dozen sips of cool inspiration.
A lot of incredible photography this week. And some other stuff. Enjoy!
- Sunset in.
- Unfortunately, most of the things I make are like something I’ve seen. How do we acquire the courage to experiment with an original design?
- I <heart> NY!
- This would be a fun art project to do with kids.
- Three friends travel through Europe, following Van Gogh’s footsteps to gain insight into his art.
- “Illustwriter” Hallie Bateman talks about inspiration.
- Gorgeous quilts!
- Amazing photographs of birds.
- Just 30 seconds of Christmas decorations at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- Liquid rugs.
- How does this happen? People in art museums blending in with the artwork…
- Dizzying photographs of a Chinese library.
Twelve sips of creative juiciness to inspire artistic vision.
- Total cuteness.
- Why bloggers blog.
- It’s not too early to start some Christmas quilting projects.
- In honor of the coming 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, here are Martin Luther’s 95 Theses. I confess I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve printed them out with every intention of studying them.
- Awesome prize-winning photographs from the National Geographic contest.
- Epic ink landscapes.
- For the writers: best books about writing. I only know half of these—I’ve got some reading to do!J
- A cute and easy little weaving project for kids of all ages.
- I’d love to see a resurgence of interest in embroidery. Here’s what you need to get started.
- There are still a few days left to enter this photography contest. Check out your competitors.
- Homage to the doily.
- It’s almost time for the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
Fill up on these amazing glimpses of genius.
- More modern quilts.
- Rope art.
- Almost as good as being in a watercolor workshop.
- Taking paper flowers to a highly-refined level.
- What do you believe in?
- Sweet little rats.
- When I was a student in Pittsburgh, I visited Heinz Chapel and loved the blue light streaming in through the stained glass windows. Here’s a mosque in Iran whose windows cast a kaleidoscopic effect.
- I’ve read nine of these one-sitting books. Only 91 more to go…
- Pigeons wouldn’t be nearly so annoying if you could get them to wear crocheted duds.
- Gorgeous astrophotography.
- A gallery that features art of 60+year-old artists.
- A husband and wife who create snow globes together.
Fifteen inspiring articles to uplift you: