All sorts of info to inspire your artistic brain.
- I know the common green mantises; I didn’t know they have diverse cousins.
- Flip through Nathalie’s art journal.
- How things get done in Mozambique.
- Lovely photographs of ordinary objects.
- Funny and amazing animal videos.
- Natural poses to suggest when you’re taking photographs of groups of people.
- Teeny tiny paintings.
- This artist’s quilted portraits celebrate Black life. Be sure to click on the link at the end of the article to see more. (Actually, you have to click on the little box that appears when you click the link.)
- For the writers: mining memories for your memoir.
- Incredible photographs of endangered species.
- For the artists: open calls, grants, residencies, and fellowships.
- The Presto from the Summer concerto from Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons played on a big honkin’ organ.
Things to think about, things to laugh about, things to love.
Funny stuff. Pretty stuff. Serious stuff.
- Some of these will make you laugh and some will make you cry, but it’s all good.
- Writers, should you write a cozy mystery?
- Did you ever have a great idea, get started on it, take a break from it, and feel guilty about never getting back to it? Sometimes you just gotta let go.
- Nathalie escorts us on a tour featuring murals in Jersey City.
- More murals; these are from Montreal. (FYI, Norm no longer coordinates Thursday Doors. Go to No Facilities for those now.)
- How to say no. Why to say no.
- Love flowers? You’re gonna love these photos.
- Black artists (and artists of color) lack the opportunities their white counterparts enjoy.
- You might enjoy this Instagrammer’s paintings for World Watercolor Month.
- You have to see these amazing crochet projects. (I’ll pass on the broccoli hat, but I want almost everything else.)
- The most beautiful gifs I’ve ever seen. Depending on your internet connection, they might take a few moments to load, but hang on, they’re worth it.
- A sculptor abandons metal in favor of fabric.
Beauty, brilliance, utility, and laughs.
Lots of artsy stuff this week:
You’re bound to find some inspiration in one of these twelve articles.
Today all my curated articles are from one of my favorite blogs, MyOBT (aka My One Beautiful Thing). Blogger Donna has a daily mission to share one beautiful thing. And she succeeds every day.
Enjoy these? Maybe you should follow MyOBT.
12 articles to marvel over:
Awesomely inspiring stuff this week.
Mentally stimulating. Inspiring. Lovely to look at.