Just in time for weekend reading:
Good stuff to read this weekend. Inspire yourself!
Closing out the year with a dozen creative articles.
Some inspiring examples, and some silly stuff.
- Merging wood and glass.
- Masterful quilts.
- An artist’s process.
- End of the year reading list. Hurry up.
- Lovely embroidery kits.
- So it may really be true that you know stuff in your gut.
- Berlin is on my bucket list. Is it on yours? Here are the best places to take fabulous photographs.
- I love this artist. Sketches from Portugal.
- Beautiful photographs of birds.
- Quirky graffiti artist goes to Bethlehem.
- Christmas photography project.
- And one last silly Christmas-themed photo collection.
Fourteen servings of beauty and creativity:
- Animated photos.
- These houses are for the birds.
- Beautiful quilts by Diana McClun.
- Two-dimensional reclaimed wood portraits.
- An interesting glimpse at Da Vinci’s genius, and two more books I want to read.
- A sculptor talks about the Period Room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Oliver Sacks said imitation and mastery of form precede creativity.
- Embroidery beyond the hoop.
- Nonfiction reading list.
- Illustrators celebrate Christmas.
- This Christmasy blog post is just so pretty I had to share it.
- A quick trip around the world in photographs.
- Some lovely menorahs.
- An artist’s (slightly twisted) process for writing a Christmas book.
Twelve sips of creative juiciness to inspire artistic vision.
- Total cuteness.
- Why bloggers blog.
- It’s not too early to start some Christmas quilting projects.
- In honor of the coming 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, here are Martin Luther’s 95 Theses. I confess I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve printed them out with every intention of studying them.
- Awesome prize-winning photographs from the National Geographic contest.
- Epic ink landscapes.
- For the writers: best books about writing. I only know half of these—I’ve got some reading to do!J
- A cute and easy little weaving project for kids of all ages.
- I’d love to see a resurgence of interest in embroidery. Here’s what you need to get started.
- There are still a few days left to enter this photography contest. Check out your competitors.
- Homage to the doily.
- It’s almost time for the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
Fourteen articles to inspire you.
Stuff I found this week that might tickle your fancy:
Did you read (or write) an article this week that would interest creatives? Please share a link in the comments below.