Beautiful things to look at, and hints for the creative lifestyle.
Today all my curated articles are from one of my favorite blogs, MyOBT (aka My One Beautiful Thing). Blogger Donna has a daily mission to share one beautiful thing. And she succeeds every day.
Enjoy these? Maybe you should follow MyOBT.
Twelve tantalizing articles to spark your imagination this weekend.
These articles will challenge your intellect while satisfying your need for beauty.
Merry Christmas! May God’s Love indwell you today and always.
- Beautiful (and humorous) embroideries.
- Zentangle + pottery.
- A quilter grows through the years.
- An Andy Warhol exhibit from two years ago. I missed this article when it was first posted, but I was happy to come across it now.
- The story behind Handel’s Messiah.
- I love libraries. Here are how some decorated for Christmas.
- The story behind “Silent Night.”
- A quilter photographs her many quilts.
- The prettiest Christmas cookies I’ve ever seen.
- Verdigogh always looks so Christmasy to me. Here’s how several artists interpreted it.
- This blog definitely gets the best reader comments. You guys are all going to have to step it up on ARHtistic License. (Let that be one of your New Year resolutions.)
- This might be too late for you, so you might want to bookmark it for next year: how to sew gift bags.
Things to ooo and ahh over, and the information creative minds want to know.
Passing along helpful information and amazing art:
Covid-19 got you down? Take your mind off it with these amazing things:
- The tapestry maker who took art one step further.
- Choreographer Twyla Tharp’s thoughts on aging.
- A crochet version of the coronavirus.
- Some beautiful quilts!
- What would happen if you drew every day?
- I have often fantasized about working on a cruise ship. Here’s the lowdown.
- Acquire these habits to increase your writing productivity.
- Underwater photography.
- Things to do while self-quarantined.
- Squirrels like you’ve never seen them before.
- Entomology in stitches.
- Steampunk sculptures.