This week’s dozenly dose of creative articles:
- Personally, I love reading young adult novels. Here are this year’s best sellers.
- Breathtaking blue quilts.
- This looks like a great workspace setup.
- Photos of surreal beauty and long-past glory…
- Did you know you can cultivate habits that make you smarter?
- These dishes give me the creeps, and yet I admire their artistry.
- Don’t fall into the comparison trap. Would you believe Henri Matisse felt he did not measure up to the other artists of his day?
- Kauai is on my bucket list, but one of my favorite artists is there now.
- The ultimate artist DIY—making your own paints.
- Inspiration for writers.
- Beautiful illustrations by Tina MacNaughton.
- Map of the world, redesigned to eliminate distortion.
Are you ready for a baker’s dozen doses of inspiration?
Twelve articles to tickle your fancy:
Ten articles full of beauty to inspire you to make beautiful things:
A dozen expressions of rampant creativity.
Good stuff here this week. Lots of ideas to make you more creative.
- The perils of being a new photographer (or how to almost get thrown out of a concert by Prince).
- Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik has written a new book for girls.
- What’s your superpower?
- Did you know former president George W. Bush is an artist?
- Photos or paintings?
- I love keeping up with this quilt group.
- What can you do with a dead butterfly?
- The illustrations of Pat Achilles.
- Interesting reading list.
- I may already have included this article in a previous Creative Juice, but it bears rereading—it’s that important for your brain.
- Five things you can do now to encourage your creativity.
- Another strategy to improve your creativity.
A dozen beautiful things to ponder on a Good Friday:
A baker’s dozen of links to delight you with beauty and creativity and personal growth.
- Fabulous review of a children’s book about poetry.
- Great abstract art project for children or adults. You’ll need colored tissue paper.
- A totally different way to enhance your creativity.
- The argument for output.
- Quilters: do you have a bunch of “orphan blocks”? Here’s what to do with them (and an idea for accumulating more).
- Literary nerd types will love this analysis.
- An exercise for writers who want to find their voice.
- Pretty art journal pages.
- This quirky, artsy hotel is located right next to the Irish Cultural Center, where I folk dance. It was vacant for a long time, and recently reopened.
- I’m not wild about tattoos, but these are really interesting.
- Beautiful Iranian architecture.
- The virtues of mini-quilts.
- Beautiful cakes.