The best articles I’ve read this week.
- Gorgeous zendalas.
- Photography on the farm.
- Writing is like making music.
- A young man becomes paralyzed and learns to draw with his mouth.
- A village school in Mozambique.
- Iroquois healing ritual.
- Best sewing advice for quilters and garment makers.
- Photographs that are out of this world.
- Dentist tracks down and reproduces vintage national parks posters.
- The role of the studio dog.
- For the fiction writers: creating a scene list for your novel.
- Need some inspiration? Here are nine wonderful free printable quote posters.
Beauty, brilliance, utility, and laughs.
- Never text to find out how the kids are doing.
- I love to see what people do in their art journals.
- Writers (and other creatives), do you procrastinate instead of creating?
- Could trophy hunting actually have benefits?
- Agate and geode paintings. And there’s a link to a previous post of stone paintings.
- I think painting clouds is challenging.
- Are you a Gryffindor? Here’s an easy crochet pattern for a scarf.
- All the pictures in this article are watercolors. At first glance, I swore they were photographs.
- Check out this artist’s ICAD cards and other posts.
- I like this artist’s process for capturing Old Faithful’s eruption.
- Ernest Hemingway would be 122 years old now.
- I don’t want to pay the price of this gorgeous sweater made of discarded fabric, but maybe, like electronics, the price of goods made with recycled materials will eventually come down. We can only hope.
Fifteen inspiring articles to uplift you:
- Why writers should also be artists.
- Nice quilting project for Valentine’s Day.
- The process of illustrator Natali Sejuro Aliaga.
- Have you ever heard of synesthesia?
- Avant-garde furniture design by Joseph Walsh.
- Penguin mania.
- Want to be successful? Get rid of these 13 attitudes.
- The cure for depression.
- Museum bucket list.
- Give your compliments impact.
- Growth requires you to forge ahead despite discomfort.
- Got any spare change?
- Talk about rebuilding your life…
- Expanding the definition of street art.
- Beautiful quilts from Canada. I especially love the field quilt.
For your reading pleasure and inspiration:
- Some photos from the Festival of Quilts 2016.
- Helpful quotes about creativity.
- Beautiful poem.
- Just a week left to get your beach reading done.
- Thoughts of Steve Martin on the creative life.
- Boost your creativity.
- Tips for writers’ critique groups.
- For Beatrix Potter fans.
- The most famous statue in the world—its vulnerability, and how it came to be. (This is an incredibly long article, but if you’re an art nerd like me, you’ll want to read every word. Totally worth the time.)
- Beethoven quotes.
This article has been reprinted with the permission of Writer’s Relief, a highly recommended author’s submission service. We assist writers with preparing their submissions and researching the best markets. We have a service for every budget, as well as a free e-publication for writers, Submit Write Now! Visit our site today to learn more.
Imagine if you could have Fitzgerald, Chekhov, or Morrison mentor you and offer writing advice. Well, here’s the next best thing: A collection of inspirational quotes from fourteen writing masters!
QUESTION: What quote most inspires your writing?