The sublime and the ridiculous, all worthy of your consideration:
Interesting stuff this week:
In my opinion, this deer’s eyeliner is too thick:
Lion offering his paw like a dog ready to “shake”:
Rooster? Or fancy pigeon?
My favorite of all–the lion lies down with the lamb.
More Sculpture Saturday.
Beautiful things to look at, and ideas that will help you boost your own creativity.
- Sculptures made from discarded metal.
- Murals that incorporate their surroundings.
- A clue may shed light on Vincent Van Gogh’s last days.
- The hundred best books of the last twenty years. I’ve read maybe ten of these; they were all good except for one which I can’t remember. One more is in my TBR pile. Most of these I’ve never even heard of.
- I love this artist’s Instagram page.
- Rebellious nuns.
- Are you living the dream? Why not?
- A little city of zentangled architecture.
- Free summer-themed quilt patterns.
- Wonderful photos of scenes in Saigon—and each one includes at least one motorbike.
- I have long loved Grant Snider’s Incidental Comics. This article explains his process for a recent book cover he illustrated.
- Admit it—you’ve been thinking about starting your own podcast. How hard is it, really? Read this article to find out.
This creature is the Shachi:
A pagoda sculpture:
Photographed at Phoenix North Mountain Park.
Seen in Tempe, Arizona near Arizona State University campus.