On Tuesday, my husband’s podiatrist told us she got her flu shot. Somehow, that fills me with hope for 2021. So do these awesome articles:
- This one made me cry. The video is too echo-y. Scroll down and read the essay.
- Writer’s playlist.
- When we can travel again, maybe we can go to Mexico.
- This article from 2018 may help you set your creative goals for 2021.
- 12-year-old Jesus didn’t have all the answers.
- Interesting shots.
- Everything I know about physicist Richard Feynman I learned from watching The Big Bang Theory. I didn’t know he liked to draw.
- Good advice. And some not as good. And some I don’t understand.
- These signs made me laugh.
- There are reasons why you shouldn’t drive drunk, and there are reasons why you shouldn’t sing drunk. But they’re not the same reasons. Apparently, singing drunk is great fun, and nobody dies. Read about the Australian Pub Choir.
- A quilter shares the 17 quilts she made in 2020.
- This is an interesting idea: praying with index cards.
Look. Listen. Dream.
- Upcycling thrift store art.
- Interesting sculptures.
- Neil Young playing guitar.
- For the fiction writers: how to write cliffhangers.
- Bread as cartoons.
- A winter scene easy enough for a child (or an adult with a childlike sense of wonder) to paint.
- Beautiful zentangles.
- Using art to promote animal welfare.
- A beautiful Baltimore Album Quilt for autumn.
- The Comic Book Route in Brussels, Belgium.
- An artist discusses a marionette.
- Animal sculptures made from found objects.
- Make a quilt from your travel photos.
- Do you know musician Bret Blackshear? Lovely guitar picking.
- Precious family moments captured.
- Here’s a list of holiday albums from a few years ago. If you can find them, they may be on clearance. . .
- Some interesting Zentangle tiles.
- Day of the Dead quilts.
- For the writers: some writing prompts.
- Velásquez’ Bacchus.
- Animal sculptures in Branson.
- What are you passionate about?
- Will the trick-or-treaters be coming to your house tomorrow night?
- I love this pumpkin wisdom.
- An adorable Halloween quilt.
- A different kind of mask from the ones we’re all wearing right now.
A dozen articles to inspire you this weekend.
- The incomparable photographs of Annie Liebovitz.
- Zentangle houses.
- Animal photos that will make you laugh.
- If you give a quilter some fabric. . .
- Why four writers chose to start blogging.
- Travel sketches from a couple of years ago.
- If you’re a baby boomer, these are the top 10 albums you probably own (or maybe you need to buy them).
- This list of books to read with children includes old favorites from my kids’ childhoods and new books that make me wish I had grandkids to read to.
- Four ways to make your writing persuasive.
- Don’t you just hate it when you hear a noise in your house that you just can’t identify?
- A lay-off from the corporate world gave this artist the motivation to start a new career.
- Someday I’d like to draw on the wall like this.
Lots of interesting stuff, and a bit of beauty, too.
- Intricate bird sculptures made out of paper.
- An old zentangle challenge.
- Enjoy this interesting post of world musicians (and dancers) I’ve never seen before.
- Gorgeous travel photography.
- Mixed-media lace.
- For the bloggers: writing tips.
- Some Inktober contributions.
- Artist and blogger Nathalie lives in Jersey City. See what she does when self-quarantine cabin fever gets to be too much.
- This article is from a few years ago, but I recently saw it for the first time: the work of illustrator Scott Burroughs.
- Does art matter during a pandemic?
- Flora and fauna from East Texas.
- What a panic attack feels like.
So much here to tickle your fancy—and your curiosity.
- Strings of ribbon tangles.
- Beautiful quilts at the November 2019 International Quilt Show.
- Very satisfying photographs.
- Camera shots on a train.
- Rounding up the horses.
- A fun way to get fit.
- Your generosity after a disaster can be a huge burden to the people you want to help.
- A trip to a castle in Ireland.
- I had to Google GISH to find out what it is. Apparently, it stands for Greatest International Scavenger Hunt, and it’s a big deal.
- A coincidence of photographers.
- A museum covered in lace, sort of.
- An author-illustrator shares the process of creating her new picture book, and you can enter a drawing for a free copy!
The sublime and the ridiculous, all worthy of your consideration:
- You’ve been wanting to make a quilt someday. How about a mini-quilt? Lots of pretty, free patterns.
- Especially for the rubber stamp afficiandos.
- A zentangle challenge.
- Because married people need to laugh more.
- Watercolor and sharpie step by step.
- For white writers trying to write diverse characters.
- A visit to the Salvador Dali Museum.
- How to draw lips.
- Making faces from sticks.
- Goats as I’ve never seen them before.
- Pumpkin-related crafts.
- A photographer critiques an iconic photograph.