The sublime and the ridiculous, all worthy of your consideration:
Interesting stuff this week:
Beautiful stuff to look at:
- Zenbutton technique.
- Awesome murals.
- Drawing ideas for kids of any age.
- Dads at their daughters’ weddings.
- The hardest part of writing. Yep.
- Have you always wanted to paint a mural in downtown Phoenix? Here’s your chance.
- It’s never too late to learn to paint.
- Things to see (from a distance) in Austin.
- My friend, artist Vesna Taneva-Miller, has one of the most eclectic Instagram pages I’ve ever seen.
- Who says you have to use a pen or pencil to draw?
- A reading list of classics by Black authors.
- Go to Egypt and tour Ramesses VI’s tomb—virtually.
ABC: Art. Beauty. Creativity.
Things to ooo and ahh over, and the information creative minds want to know.
With all this sheltering-in-place, we need a little diversion, whimsy, and beauty.
- Recreating masterpieces. See also #9.
- The notorious Banksy.
- Who would have guessed I’d find two Banksy articles in the same week? Here’s what happens when he works from home.
- Reading suggestions for staying at home.
- I really like this format for poetry.
- Animal Farm illustrated.
- Would you like to sleep at Stephen King’s house?
- Surf’s up! Prizewinning surfing photos.
- Even gerbils need art galleries. (But please don’t eat the furniture.)
- Oh, crumb! I missed the Arizona Quilt Show. Not to worry—here are some great pictures.
- Do you love children’s picture books? Look at these glorious illustrations and enter the giveaway.
- Ever hear of coade stone? Me neither, but at one time it was a very popular sculpting material.
Either you have nothing to do, or you have way too much to do. Either way, take off an hour to look through these artistic articles.
- I have a fantasy of getting a second masters degree—in art history. Maybe this second-best idea is more realistic.
- I laughed at the first 15 of these vacation pictures. And then I just got sad.
- Use these online resources to expand your creativity during lockdown.
- When the people are away, the goats will play.
- Do you know what ATCs are? Artist Trading Cards. Check out this bunch.
- Paintings of Yosemite.
- Introverts, our year has come.
- I am so jealous of people who keep art journals. (I know, I know, I should just do it. . .)
- How to make art a habit.
- Don’t you just love exploring a new friend’s house and seeing all the beautiful things she has? Quilter Frances Arnold has so kindly let us into hers.
- Do you like squirrels? Then you’ll just love this Instagram account.
- Sketch yourself with a mask.
Beauty is truth, truth beauty ~John Keats