All sorts of info to inspire your artistic brain.
- I know the common green mantises; I didn’t know they have diverse cousins.
- Flip through Nathalie’s art journal.
- How things get done in Mozambique.
- Lovely photographs of ordinary objects.
- Funny and amazing animal videos.
- Natural poses to suggest when you’re taking photographs of groups of people.
- Teeny tiny paintings.
- This artist’s quilted portraits celebrate Black life. Be sure to click on the link at the end of the article to see more. (Actually, you have to click on the little box that appears when you click the link.)
- For the writers: mining memories for your memoir.
- Incredible photographs of endangered species.
- For the artists: open calls, grants, residencies, and fellowships.
- The Presto from the Summer concerto from Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons played on a big honkin’ organ.
12 articles to marvel over:
A dozen articles to inspire you this weekend.
Go ahead: waste 21 minutes. I promised you won’t regret it.
Creativity and beauty in spades:
Covid-19 got you down? Take your mind off it with these amazing things:
- The tapestry maker who took art one step further.
- Choreographer Twyla Tharp’s thoughts on aging.
- A crochet version of the coronavirus.
- Some beautiful quilts!
- What would happen if you drew every day?
- I have often fantasized about working on a cruise ship. Here’s the lowdown.
- Acquire these habits to increase your writing productivity.
- Underwater photography.
- Things to do while self-quarantined.
- Squirrels like you’ve never seen them before.
- Entomology in stitches.
- Steampunk sculptures.
The Valentine’s Day edition of CJ. Wishing you lots of love.
Maestro from Bloom Pictures on Vimeo.
For more about this short film, click here.