For more about this short film, click here.
Maestro from Bloom Pictures on Vimeo.
Back with creative inspiration.
- Beautiful tangles.
- Why does Stephen King make the big bucks?
- Creativity game.
- What to do when it hurts to walk. I wish I’d done this with my cane.
- How to find the work you were meant to do.
- The joy of embroidery—especially cross stitch.
- Amazing paintings of fruit.
- Some people like murals. Some don’t. I do.
- How do comic writers and artists write their comics?
- An explanation of the basic elements of photography.
- One of my favorite illustrators is working on animation.
- Though the title claims there are ten, there are really only eight Beatrix Potter quotes in this article. That doesn’t mean they’re not profound.
- Want to see more about Beatrix Potter?
Twelve articles to tickle your fancy.
- Fabulous bird portraits.
- Summer reading list.
- Fun and creative things to do with your kids. Make a memory!
- Tips to improve your quality of life and lower your stress.
- Maybe you’d like to do a watercolor challenge. Here is a strategy for success.
- The creative conundrum: make art or make money.
- Photographs of dancers in motion.
- Animated alphabet.
- Frosty beaded confections.
- Young Nigerian dancers hope for a better life.
- Interspecies friendships.
Fourteen servings of beauty and creativity:
- Animated photos.
- These houses are for the birds.
- Beautiful quilts by Diana McClun.
- Two-dimensional reclaimed wood portraits.
- An interesting glimpse at Da Vinci’s genius, and two more books I want to read.
- A sculptor talks about the Period Room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Oliver Sacks said imitation and mastery of form precede creativity.
- Embroidery beyond the hoop.
- Nonfiction reading list.
- Illustrators celebrate Christmas.
- This Christmasy blog post is just so pretty I had to share it.
- A quick trip around the world in photographs.
- Some lovely menorahs.
- An artist’s (slightly twisted) process for writing a Christmas book.
Just in time for the weekend—thirteen articles to tickle your creative impulses:
- Jersey City has amazing street art.
- For the cat lovers.
- Another use for a book.
- Are you on Instagram? Then you can see this video animation made from tattoos.
- Ask Paul Gaugin what happened the night Vincent van Gogh cut off his ear.
- How to make something happen.
- A different kind of shadow art.
- Spiff up your wheelchair.
- Beautiful quilts from the Springville, UT show.
- Summer camp in watercolor here and here.
- Award-winning bird photographs.
- Cubist houses?
Thirteen things to tweak your creative bones.
- The art of Bo Bartlett. It makes me long for the beach.
- Get smarter. (I think doing even 5 or 10 of these things would help.)
- Writing tools.
- Life-saving reading list.
- Don’t you hate pressboard? Yet this is beautiful.
- The power of story. Interview with the author of The Shack.
- Gorgeous quilts from the Killer Bees quilt show.
- The versatility of black and white photography.
- I am not promoting the book in this trailer (though it might be very good); I just think the idea of analyzing habits you want to break is intriguing: