Funny stuff. Pretty stuff. Serious stuff.
- Some of these will make you laugh and some will make you cry, but it’s all good.
- Writers, should you write a cozy mystery?
- Did you ever have a great idea, get started on it, take a break from it, and feel guilty about never getting back to it? Sometimes you just gotta let go.
- Nathalie escorts us on a tour featuring murals in Jersey City.
- More murals; these are from Montreal. (FYI, Norm no longer coordinates Thursday Doors. Go to No Facilities for those now.)
- How to say no. Why to say no.
- Love flowers? You’re gonna love these photos.
- Black artists (and artists of color) lack the opportunities their white counterparts enjoy.
- You might enjoy this Instagrammer’s paintings for World Watercolor Month.
- You have to see these amazing crochet projects. (I’ll pass on the broccoli hat, but I want almost everything else.)
- The most beautiful gifs I’ve ever seen. Depending on your internet connection, they might take a few moments to load, but hang on, they’re worth it.
- A sculptor abandons metal in favor of fabric.
Maestro from Bloom Pictures on Vimeo.
For more about this short film, click here.
Back with creative inspiration.
Twelve articles to tickle your fancy.
Fourteen servings of beauty and creativity:
- Animated photos.
- These houses are for the birds.
- Beautiful quilts by Diana McClun.
- Two-dimensional reclaimed wood portraits.
- An interesting glimpse at Da Vinci’s genius, and two more books I want to read.
- A sculptor talks about the Period Room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Oliver Sacks said imitation and mastery of form precede creativity.
- Embroidery beyond the hoop.
- Nonfiction reading list.
- Illustrators celebrate Christmas.
- This Christmasy blog post is just so pretty I had to share it.
- A quick trip around the world in photographs.
- Some lovely menorahs.
- An artist’s (slightly twisted) process for writing a Christmas book.
Just in time for the weekend—thirteen articles to tickle your creative impulses:
Thirteen things to tweak your creative bones.
- The art of Bo Bartlett. It makes me long for the beach.
- Get smarter. (I think doing even 5 or 10 of these things would help.)
- Writing tools.
- Life-saving reading list.
- Don’t you hate pressboard? Yet this is beautiful.
- The power of story. Interview with the author of The Shack.
- Gorgeous quilts from the Killer Bees quilt show.
- The versatility of black and white photography.
- I am not promoting the book in this trailer (though it might be very good); I just think the idea of analyzing habits you want to break is intriguing:
Sixteen juicy articles to tickle your creativity bone: