Twelve recent articles to challenge your preconceptions and open you up to new possibilities.
- Photoshop artistry.
- Art exhibit.
- What it takes to be a prima ballerina.
- A cartoonist on the creative process.
- The most beautiful crochet project I have ever scene. Huge scale.
- Colorful explorations.
- This is just how I feel about my books.
- Photographs of Jimi Hendrix taken by a high school student back in the day.
- Modern art was a CIA plot?
- Five diversions that make you smarter. I disagree with #3, but heartily endorse the other four.
- Up your productivity. This article overlaps slightly with the previous one.
- Animal portraits by Brad Wilson.
A baker’s dozen of artful articles (better for you than donuts!):
- Pretty mandalas.
- Illustrations of Barbara Bongini.
- Art. Color. Ballet.
- Shooting portrait photographs.
- A case FOR littering…
- Success secrets of geniuses.
- Six words that can prevent misunderstandings. (So much nicer than “Why are you telling me this?”)
- Use perspective like a fourth grader.
- Steampunk seafood?
- I always love it when Treadlemusic posts pictures of what her quilting group made.
- Living in a small town in Queens, New York.
- Are you looking for some songs that promote Christian values for your little ones?
- Want to improve yourself? Bring this reading list to the library with you.
Fourteen more articles to start your Friday creative streak:
- Melanie McNeil shares the quilts she made in 2016.
- I think you may be obsessive compulsive if you do this, but I love the results. I may have to try this idea…
- Nostalgia time. My husband had one of these in his classroom to help his students improve their listening skills.
- Are you jealous when you see all the creative things other people are doing?
- Combining loves of ballet and reading.
- The illustrations of Hanna McCaffery.
- I think a dragon is the perfect subject for a quilt.
- A grandfather posts a drawing a day for his grandchildren on his Instagram account.
- Um, some of these one-of-a-kind Etsy finds are examples of creativity gone awry.
- Scrap paper sculpture.
- Joel Kioko, a young ballet dancer from Kenya.
- The embroidery of Humayrah Bint Altaf
- Norm 2.0 is known for his Thursday Doors photography posts, but here he combines doors and street art.
- How do you do free-motion quilting at a retreat? Like this.