Some beautiful, some quirky, all creative:
- Paintings with the look of vintage photographs.
- Vintage photographs taken by a teenaged Stanley Kubrick.
- These beautiful creations remind me of when I took up embroidery as a young wife. I miss those days.
- I always wondered how Chicago came up with the title 25 or 6 to 4.
- Paintings of Max Pechstein.
- I’ve read 12 of these, and I’d like to read more of the books on this book club reading list.
- Twenty-five free and easy quilt patterns.
- I want to win this contest. Only funny people need apply. Am I funny enough?
- Beautiful Christmas quilt—and links to many more original designs.
- The illustrations of Mike Ciccotello.
- That awkward moment at the museum when you see your portrait—and it was painted before you were born…
- Surreal images of synchronized swimmers.
Your weekly fix of artistic inspiration.
- House block quilts.
- Palm paintings.
- Advice about creativity.
- A closer look at Gustav Klimt’s painting, The Kiss.
- How to get really good at something.
- I am such a terrible mother. I never even thought of doing this. My girls are now in their twenties and thirties. Maybe when (if) I have granddaughters…
- Photos of Jersey City and Manhattan. (As a former Jersey girl, I get a little homesick when I see scenes like these.)
- Do you have too many books? Maybe not.
- Amazing footage captured on a security camera and the science behind it.
- Art with an expiration date.
- How an engineering student became a children’s book illustrator.
- What do you see in the clouds?
Your weekly dose of artistic inspiration:
This week’s dozenly dose of creative articles:
- Personally, I love reading young adult novels. Here are this year’s best sellers.
- Breathtaking blue quilts.
- This looks like a great workspace setup.
- Photos of surreal beauty and long-past glory…
- Did you know you can cultivate habits that make you smarter?
- These dishes give me the creeps, and yet I admire their artistry.
- Don’t fall into the comparison trap. Would you believe Henri Matisse felt he did not measure up to the other artists of his day?
- Kauai is on my bucket list, but one of my favorite artists is there now.
- The ultimate artist DIY—making your own paints.
- Inspiration for writers.
- Beautiful illustrations by Tina MacNaughton.
- Map of the world, redesigned to eliminate distortion.
Twelve articles to tickle your fancy:
Ten articles full of beauty to inspire you to make beautiful things:
Good stuff here this week. Lots of ideas to make you more creative.
- The perils of being a new photographer (or how to almost get thrown out of a concert by Prince).
- Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik has written a new book for girls.
- What’s your superpower?
- Did you know former president George W. Bush is an artist?
- Photos or paintings?
- I love keeping up with this quilt group.
- What can you do with a dead butterfly?
- The illustrations of Pat Achilles.
- Interesting reading list.
- I may already have included this article in a previous Creative Juice, but it bears rereading—it’s that important for your brain.
- Five things you can do now to encourage your creativity.
- Another strategy to improve your creativity.
Nine articles, mostly art-related.
Thirteen lucky articles to make you smile and tweak your imagination.
Thirteen articles to inspire you.