Tag Archives: Dogs
Creative Juice #327
Interesting stuff to discover this weekend.
- A bookaholic’s top five books of 2022. One of these is in my TBR pile.
- Sculptures of marine invertebrates.
- Plan your next vacation to support indigenous people.
- How a famous dog photographer gets his remarkable shoots.
- Mother Nature, master artist.
- Authors: how to make your readers experience what your character is feeling.
- Polar bears in summer.
- Then and now photographs.
- Photographic mashups of animals and something else.
- Whimsical illustrations on this Instagram page.
- The Q Factor for fiction writers.
- An interesting and easy painting technique to try. I challenge you to make a painting, post it on your blog or social media, and add a link below in the comments. Maybe I’ll do it too.
Creative Juice #323
Neat stuff floating in our creative juice this week.
- You know you’re better off financially than most people, and you’d like to contribute to making someone else’s life better. But how do you effectively do that?
- A peacock Christmas.
- You probably need a dog for Christmas.
- At Christmastime, more emphasis is needed on presence rather than presents.
- A different translation of Psalm 23.
- Whimsical embroidery.
- For the fiction writers: how to nail your character’s voice.
- Count the animals.
- Colorful quilts.
- I love this quilter’s work, and I love how she blogs about her quilts.
- How watercolor gives.
- Street art in progress.
- Christmas gift ideas for fiction readers and writers.
Creative Juice #318
Note from Andrea: I goofed. This article was supposed to appear tomorrow, but when I turned on my computer today, I forgot what day it was; I thought it was Friday instead of Thursday and I expected to see Creative Juice up on my blog–so I went to my future-scheduled posts and edited this to publish immediately, and it wasn’t until afterward that I realized my mistake. So, I’m sorry–I’ve got nothing for tomorrow; I jumped the gun today.
Why not spend an hour exploring these 12 wonderful articles?
- Witnesses to history. I cried at the story of Princess Diana.
- Just in case you didn’t see the sand sculptures on ARHtistic License’s Facebook page. (By the way, you can follow ARHtistic License on Facebook for more creative content.)
- Amazing appliquéd quilts from the International Quilt Festival.
- For parents of school-aged little ones—a recipe for homemade playdough.
- Matisse exhibit at MOMA. More Matisse.
- For the dog and cat lovers. LOL.
- The art of letter illumination.
- Artist Sandy Allnock’s Instagram page.
- Striking sculptures made from saplings.
- Franz Kline: breaking the rules of painting.
- A heartwarming book about an exceptional man, Joey Moss.
- Yuko Shimizu’s illustrations.
Inktober2022 Day 22
I’m using yesterday’s prompt today: bad dog. This is our chihuahua mix, Ralph. He’s not being bad this moment.
Creative Juice #301
Neat things to see this weekend! Happy Fourth, everyone!
- Gorgeous embroideries.
- Dog photographs on Instagram.
- How to write a poem. (I can’t say this technique always works for me.)
- Too artistic to eat.
- Improve your poems.
- The inspiration for Frankenstein.
- Making the case for plein air sketching.
- The eyes have it: beautiful animal photography.
- How can you be productive in your writing life if you only have 15 minutes?
- Sculptures at the Morton Arboretum.
- Modern Women/Modern Vision. I’d love to see this photography exhibit.
- A picture book author’s path to publication. Maybe you’ll win a copy for a budding writer.
Creative Juice #288
Today’s installment of CJ is all from Bored Panda. I am an addict. The world stops for an hour whenever I get an email update. You’ll see why:
- Sweet dogs.
- Great freebie finds.
- The joy of owning an old cat.
- Underwater photo contest.
- Beautiful mosaics.
- Gorgeous design.
- I love these creative miniature dioramas featuring repurposed everyday items.
- Award-winning nature photography.
- Wisdom from teachers. You may need a Kleenex.
- Prize-winning photographs.
- Gotta love Germany.
- Adorable animal pictures.
Creative Juice #284
All sorts of creative things to look at.
- Breathtaking photographs of Asia.
- How a Portuguese diplomat in France disobeyed an order and saved thousands of lives during the Holocaust.
- A watercolor galaxy tutorial.
- Why people love dogs and other animals.
- In order to create things of quality, you must do quantities of work.
- I’m going to try the second suggestion in this article for the MG novel I’m working on. (I need to deepen my supporting characters.)
- Street art.
- Library book etiquette. Keep our libraries free and open.
- Tips for guest blogging.
- Ukranian folk art masterpieces among the casualties of the Russian invasion.
- I like these ideas for texturizing multimedia art.
- The amazing illustrations of Daniel O’Brien.
Wordless Wednesday: Man and Dog
Creative Juice #265
Special all-Bored Panda episode. Bored Panda is the single website (other than ARHtistic License, of course) that got me through the pandemic. Here are some of my favorite articles. You’re welcome.
- Award-winning wildlife photos.
- Beautiful mosaics from Brussels.
- A man draws pet portraits to earn money for charity.
- Tweets that every parent will understand.
- When you score an awesome second-hand lamp.
- Raccoons are the best people.
- When your dog needs an emotional support dog.
- Surprisingly moving photographs of Russia.
- I am ready to hire this 12-year-old decorator.
- Amazing nature photographs.
- Cats without boundaries. (Or their owners could just close the bathroom door.)
- These wedding cakes almost make me want to get married again.