This very special edition of Creative Juice features posts from My OBT, one of my very favorite blogs. Every day, Donna shares something beautiful—or not so beautiful. I include at least one of her posts in CJ each week, but I have so many in reserve I thought I’d bless you with a whole bunch today. If you enjoy them, you might want to subscribe to My OBT so you never miss a single one.
Twelve more sources of creative inspiration:
- The guitar in art.
- Beautiful modern quilts.
- Man’s best friend.
- The loveliest GIFs ever.
- I always love seeing Suhita Shirodkar’s sketches.
- When I was in high school in the late 1960s, I sometimes took the bus into New York City so I could wander through Central Park.
- Unique, affordable travel accommodations.
- Take a walk in the garden.
- Prize-winning travel photos from the National Geographic contest.
- A new application for the Five Second Rule.
- Pixilation enters the world of sculpture.
- Lessons learned at Uffizi Gallery.
Fifteen articles to ignite the spark.
Fifteen articles to inspire you in the New Year:
- Glass miniature masterpieces.
- These dogs, drawn by Holly Lucero, will give you nightmares.
- A way to look at your subject so you can draw it more accurately.
- Skyscrapers into infinity.
- Please buy me a book illustrated by Tihomir Čelanović. I wish I could read the stories these drawings tell.
- Breathtaking views of Paris, 1946.
- I just love Suhita Shirodkar’s work. Take a peek at her sketchbook.
- Here’s a cool zentangle technique.
- You can turn a fail around.
- Tips from people who have been around the block a few times.
- Woody Guthrie’s New Year resolutions from 1943. I could make a few of these, even though I’m allergic to New Year resolutions.
- I’m going to try this technique for watercolor backgrounds for zentangle.
- The large-scale paintings of Salman Khoshroo. Be sure to watch the video of the artist at work. Fascinating.
- A Christian’s take on creativity and mental illness. Though I’m also a Christian, I don’t believe exactly as she does, but it’s still an interesting essay. Warning: the video is decidedly unholy.
- I’m thinking of participating in this challenge. How about you? It may help you reach one of your goals for 2017…
One of my first photos using my new camera.