Your weekly dose of artistic inspiration:
A close-up of the security door at the front of my house.
I have some offerings for Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors challenge:
McClelland Library, Irish Cultural Center, Phoenix
Trinity Cathedral (Episcopal), Phoenix
Photographs © by ARHuelsenbeck.
Fourteen more articles to start your Friday creative streak:
- Melanie McNeil shares the quilts she made in 2016.
- I think you may be obsessive compulsive if you do this, but I love the results. I may have to try this idea…
- Nostalgia time. My husband had one of these in his classroom to help his students improve their listening skills.
- Are you jealous when you see all the creative things other people are doing?
- Combining loves of ballet and reading.
- The illustrations of Hanna McCaffery.
- I think a dragon is the perfect subject for a quilt.
- A grandfather posts a drawing a day for his grandchildren on his Instagram account.
- Um, some of these one-of-a-kind Etsy finds are examples of creativity gone awry.
- Scrap paper sculpture.
- Joel Kioko, a young ballet dancer from Kenya.
- The embroidery of Humayrah Bint Altaf
- Norm 2.0 is known for his Thursday Doors photography posts, but here he combines doors and street art.
- How do you do free-motion quilting at a retreat? Like this.
When I saw that “old and new” is the prompt for this week’s Fun Foto Challenge, I knew just what to post.
Our south-facing garage side door got scorched during its third-seven-year tenure in the Arizona sun.
Our good friend, Rex, offered to install a new one for us.
Ah! Some painting still required, but so much better!
I’m participating in Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors photo challenge today. We will soon be replacing the side door to our garage. Everything that faces south in Arizona gets sunburned.