Tag Archives: Dragons
Creative Juice #205
Lots of pretty stuff here.
- Do you love hamsters? Then you must follow this artist on Instagram.
- If 100 of you each want to chip in $4 to buy me this dragon, I won’t stop you.
- Beautiful star quilt.
- Books have the power to change people; people have the power to change the world. As for me, The Hate U Give woke me up to white privilege, something I thought didn’t apply to me.
- Super-realistic drawings done in colored pencil.
- I love every one of these reading nooks, but my favorites are the ones where you can look out the window at a beautiful view.
- Interesting zentangle project.
- Award-winning photos people took with their iPhones.
- This free mandala-drawing class looks like it will be fun.
- This article is especially for elementary general music teachers, but if you like music, you might find it very enjoyable.
- I know I should be doing this. But, somehow, I’m not.
- This watercolor artist was in her fifties before she began taking her art seriously.
Wordless Wednesday: Dragon
Creative Juice #81
You’re going to be so happy you read these articles:
- Baby boomer modeling agency. Models that look like me and my friends!
- An art quilt maker’s process.
- Thar be dragons!
- Would you like to be a better public speaker?
- Interesting drawing process.
- Ursula Le Guin on art and storytelling.
- I’ve read six of these books about the holocaust, and I’d like to read more.
- An alternative to a gratitude journal (although to me it seems just like a gratitude journal).
- The humor of Rodney Dangerfield.
- Fun silly thing to do with kids.
- Paper quilling masterpieces.
Creative Juice #61
Oh boy! Lots of inspiring stuff to jumpstart your creativity this weekend!
- These photographs of staircases almost have a surrealistic quality.
- I love this young blogger and her bookish bucket list.
- I am long overdue for a trip to New York City.
- If you’ve always wanted to make a patchwork quilt, here’s a basic tutorial to help you get started.
- Bible journaling.
- The importance of practice.
- I love to see an artist’s process.
- Would you like to be more successful?
- I love dragons!
- I’ve read five of these books, and there are several on this list I’d like to read.
- Facial hair.
- Like teddy bears? Then you’re going to love this quilt.
Creative Juice #47
A baker’s dozen of inspiring ideas to enhance your creativity:
- What a Pitti—artist inspired by Renaissance masterpieces.
- I love this artist’s blog. This post is from April, hence the Easter eggs; but there was so much good stuff in it I had to share.
- Everyone should have a dragon in their yard.
- Writing exercises.
- I love Ann Voskamp’s blog, because she puts a lot of ordinary beauty into it. Here’s her take on creativity.
- Yeah, college is great; but it’s not for everybody. Better yet is being a lifetime learner using virtually free resources.
- This is why that package you were waiting for took so long to arrive.
- Soap sculptures.
- The once-thriving AIR recording studio is now in ruins.
- If you want to be creative while you’re traveling this summer, put together a little kit like this one.
- How to throw a medieval birthday party for your kids. (I’m so bummed my kids are too old for this. Maybe I’ll throw one for my next birthday.)
- A good reading list.
- What Debbi Ridpath Ohi can do with broken crayons. Look how expressive the faces are.
Creative Juice #41
A dozen expressions of rampant creativity.
- I love it when Nathalie goes for a walk. Artsy photographs!
- Boost your creativity.
- I love the way this artist interpreted creative prompts.
- Take an art course
- Tumbling blocks quilts.
- Modern art history fusion.
- Then and now: comparing photographs of centenarians with their younger selves.
- I love this quilt! I have to make one someday.
- I love peeking at other people’s sketchbooks.
- Flower in a glass.
- The lovely Iris Apfel, nonagenarian fashion icon.
- Of blue jays and dragons.
Creative Juice #25
Fourteen more articles to start your Friday creative streak:
- Melanie McNeil shares the quilts she made in 2016.
- I think you may be obsessive compulsive if you do this, but I love the results. I may have to try this idea…
- Nostalgia time. My husband had one of these in his classroom to help his students improve their listening skills.
- Are you jealous when you see all the creative things other people are doing?
- Combining loves of ballet and reading.
- The illustrations of Hanna McCaffery.
- I think a dragon is the perfect subject for a quilt.
- A grandfather posts a drawing a day for his grandchildren on his Instagram account.
- Um, some of these one-of-a-kind Etsy finds are examples of creativity gone awry.
- Scrap paper sculpture.
- Joel Kioko, a young ballet dancer from Kenya.
- The embroidery of Humayrah Bint Altaf
- Norm 2.0 is known for his Thursday Doors photography posts, but here he combines doors and street art.
- How do you do free-motion quilting at a retreat? Like this.