A dozen articles to amaze and inspire you.
You’re going to be so happy you read these articles:
A baker’s dozen of beautiful things to inspire you:
This December, my Zentangles all look kind of Christmasy:
I drew a few entries for Imelda Green’s Advent Calendar challenge:
And I drew two winter night scenes:
These are the first drawings of mine that I’ve ever framed and hung in my house.
A dozen inspiring articles to spark your creativity:
- Beautiful Jersey City and Paterson, New Jersey.
- Two of my favorite things: quilts and limericks.
- Art dolls.
- Can creativity be taught?
- These new books sound great. Hollywood thought so, too.
- This article about Picasso summarizes: “Not only has massive chunks of our culture been created by specific men who abuse women but also that so-called ‘Western culture’ in its entirety has been marked and in many ways defined by systemic and institutionalized misogyny that has chewed up women for art and discarded them en masse.” Some things never change. Or can they?
- Do you like potato chips that look like faces, and clouds that look like other objects? Then this quick video will make you smile.
- How to draw a fox.
- Some beautiful tangles.
- What the blank spaces in a painting convey.
- Inexpensive copies of art masterpieces you’ll use every day.
Using patterns brayd, purrlyz, munchin, and luv-a.
Twelve sips of creative juiciness to inspire artistic vision.
- Total cuteness.
- Why bloggers blog.
- It’s not too early to start some Christmas quilting projects.
- In honor of the coming 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, here are Martin Luther’s 95 Theses. I confess I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve printed them out with every intention of studying them.
- Awesome prize-winning photographs from the National Geographic contest.
- Epic ink landscapes.
- For the writers: best books about writing. I only know half of these—I’ve got some reading to do!J
- A cute and easy little weaving project for kids of all ages.
- I’d love to see a resurgence of interest in embroidery. Here’s what you need to get started.
- There are still a few days left to enter this photography contest. Check out your competitors.
- Homage to the doily.
- It’s almost time for the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.
I’m participating in #Inktober on a sporadic basis. It’s Day 4, but this is my first submission:
Your latest installment of beauty and creativity, just in time for your weekend enjoyment:
- More beautiful quilts from Utah.
- Fashion photography on location.
- Beautiful murals.
- Gorgeous paintings of animals.
- Lovely zentangles.
- Do you have your own unique sense of style? Maybe. Maybe not.
- What do you look for in a traveling companion?
- Crazy coincidental dressing.
- I’ve read three of these bestselling books of summer, 2017, and found one more I need.
- What would it take to get you to look out your train window?
- Light show.
- Cars and legs.