Great offerings today:
- Photography with a sense of humor.
- What is it like to go to Graphic Medicine ComicCon? (I didn’t even know there was such a thing. It sounds awesome!)
- How to improve your drawing skills.
- Gorgeous tangles.
- An old personal habit that many people cultivate today—the commonplace book.
- If you do these things, you’re a bookworm.
- I’ve never heard of the artist Hilma af Klint.
- Good news about the Notre Dame fire.
- Lovely book illustrations.
- Delicious street photography from Istanbul.
- Do you drool over beautiful quilt shops? Then here is some quilt shop porn for you.
- 14 books based on Shakespeare plays.
Amazing stuff this week:
- The Baltic Sea captured in breathtaking photographs.
- Taking makeup up a notch.
- How to make a home on wheels.
- How artist Karen O’Leary hand-cuts maps from paper.
- The gorgeous modern architecture of the new National Museum in Qatar.
- These multicolored squirrels look as though they’ve been painted, but they evolved this way.
- What does sculpture have in common with type? A group of designers gather at a museum. . .
- These drawings make me feel anxious. . .
- Photographs from the Outback.
- Yikes! This building is unzipping!
- How are your high kicks? Radio City Music Hall is holding Rockettes auditions! Be sure to scroll down to the photo gallery.
- These pictures look like something they’re not.
You can’t fail to be inspired by these wonderful articles.
- Photographer James Abbe.
- More quilts from the Arizona Quilters Guild show.
- A street artist improves the neighborhood.
- A heartbreaking inside look at the genius of Vincent Van Gogh.
- The benefits of reading with your kids.
- Is there something in your life you wish you were doing? Just do it. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? Here’s what happened when someone drew every day for a year.
- 55 cool things you can make from pallets!
- This sculpture of a homeless man reminds people of the words of Christ.
- Can you teach creativity? Should schools test for it?
- A fascinating interview with illustrator Kate Cosgrove, showing her process for drawing, painting, and paper cutting.
- An altar to Zeus.
- Artist Nathalie Kalbach designs rubber stamps. Watch this video to see her creating with them.
These articles are genius.
- Amazing birds made from balloons.
- Beautifully designed record album covers.
- A man placed a camera in the bottom of a bucket. . .
- The history of Legos.
- I’ve read three of these eight art-related novels; now I want to read the rest. . .
- Those split-second saves that dads and moms and grannies pull off.
- Street photography from India.
- The Arizona Quilters Guild show was last weekend. I meant to go but somehow didn’t. Bummer! Here’s a sample of what I missed.
- Free ebook copy of a prize-winning poetry chapbook.
- The plusses and minuses of living life looking through a camera lens.
- Wouldn’t you love a book that could teach you how to draw? Here are the ten best. I just ordered two of them.
- Knitting enthusiast creates life-sized knitted sculptures of her friends and neighbors.
Great ideas to get your creative mojo going this weekend.
- Two quilt shows.
- Cuba in photographs.
- Beautiful paintings and drawings by David Harrison.
- Lovely tangles.
- Paper creatures.
- I don’t understand all these artsy apps, but they’re cool.
- Reading aloud to older children is beneficial, too.
- The stuff at thrift stores just keeps getting better.
- Stephen King takes a stand in favor of book reviews in the local newspaper, and his fans support him—and subscribe to the newspaper.
- Design trends for 2019.
- Photos of forest fauna in Finland.
- When life gives you snow, make a snow sculpture.