I have an ulterior motive for compiling this post. I love ballet, but haven’t taken a class since the late 1970s. And I probably won’t. But I’m jealous of the strength these petite little dancers have.
I haven’t even done my folk dancing since November, because of my arthritis. The only place I can move without pain is the pool, so I’ve been in it a lot since the weather warmed up. I’ll be having hip replacement surgery next week, then six weeks of physical therapy. And eventually, I’ll be able to ease into dancing again. And I’d like to add ballet exercises to my workout rotation. So, I’m looking for YouTube videos.
And I’m generously sharing them with you.
(Some of these exercises will be forbidden for a while—risk of dislocation; so if you’ve just had hip replacement surgery, follow your doctor’s orders.)
The video below has an annoying purple rectangle blocking it. Click your cursor on its upper right corner to get rid of it.
So, do you think you’ll try some of these ballet exercise routines? Is this article helpful to you? Please click the “Like” button and share on all your social media. Thanks!
Fourteen articles to impart sweet delight to your day:
- More from the Utah Quilt Show.
- Are you participating in NaNoWriMo? Have you outlined your new novel yet? Here are seven methods to choose from (I’ve used the last two.)
- Nature photography.
- I disagree that classical music is boring. However, if you are being forced to listen, here are some strategies to enjoy.
- I want this guy to paint my house.
- Cross the street in high style. No jaywalking.
- Work out like a ballerina.
- Steampunk sculptures made from old watch parts.
- This might be the most beautiful bookstore in the world.
- The cross-pollination of ideas.
- What’s your excuse for not taking a dance class?
- How to design the life you want.
- Beautiful, inexpensive jewelry.
- Old gardening gloves transformed into artwork.