My offering for Cee’s Black & White photo challenge:
A construction company truck. I felt the motto was apropos of all of us who create.
Need an idea for your next creative endeavor? Whether you’re a blogger, a writer, an artist, or a little bit of everything, here are some terrific suggestions:
- For blog posts.
- And some more ideas for blog posts.
- Even more ideas for blog posts.
- Write a guest post for another blog.
- Make a video podcast.
- Create your own YouTube channel for promotion.
- Writing exercises to generate ideas.
- Start a writing journal.
- Where fiction ideas come from.
- Tell a story through letters or diary entries.
- A YA romance.
- Try experimenting in a different medium.
- A visual representation of your dreams.
- I bet you’ll have to make one of these craft projects.
- Take on a photography project.
- 28 projects in 28 days.
- Slide show on making your project a reality.
Found on Pinterest. Photo of Ray Bradbury by Alan Light.
Fifteen articles to inspire you in the New Year:
- Glass miniature masterpieces.
- These dogs, drawn by Holly Lucero, will give you nightmares.
- A way to look at your subject so you can draw it more accurately.
- Skyscrapers into infinity.
- Please buy me a book illustrated by Tihomir Čelanović. I wish I could read the stories these drawings tell.
- Breathtaking views of Paris, 1946.
- I just love Suhita Shirodkar’s work. Take a peek at her sketchbook.
- Here’s a cool zentangle technique.
- You can turn a fail around.
- Tips from people who have been around the block a few times.
- Woody Guthrie’s New Year resolutions from 1943. I could make a few of these, even though I’m allergic to New Year resolutions.
- I’m going to try this technique for watercolor backgrounds for zentangle.
- The large-scale paintings of Salman Khoshroo. Be sure to watch the video of the artist at work. Fascinating.
- A Christian’s take on creativity and mental illness. Though I’m also a Christian, I don’t believe exactly as she does, but it’s still an interesting essay. Warning: the video is decidedly unholy.
- I’m thinking of participating in this challenge. How about you? It may help you reach one of your goals for 2017…