I’m working on something for Valentine’s Day that’s not done yet, so here is Friday’s In The Meme Time today. Look for something to take its place on the 14th. The photo below is by Sandrachile . on Unsplash.
For your weekend reading pleasure. Lose yourself for an hour in these great articles.
- Ice spinning like an LP in a river.
- Do you want to do watercolor, but have no idea what to paint?
- What do you see in the clouds?
- Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it. How do you treat the person you love?
- Beautiful quilts from the Road to California.
- I love taking virtual strolls with this Jersey City artist.
- Wonderful travel sketches.
- Inspired Zentangles.
- Do you know who Judith Leyster was? I didn’t. She was one of the Dutch master painters.
- I love this illustrator’s work!
- The work ethic of highly creative people.
- Maybe it’s not so smart to try to increase your productivity.
Today’s poetry prompt is love.
Married Forty-five Years
It’s silly to think I’d feel the same about you as I did then.
You don’t feel the same about me, do you?
Of course not.
Then, love was so hot it scalded.
Now, when I see you, I’m warm, warmed by your sight,
warm with contentment.
We’re together; all is right with the world, at least in our little house.
I don’t want to dwell on our memories—
They remind me of what we’ve lost…
But what’s left is more than what most people ever experience.
If I have to grow old,
I’m thankful I’m growing old with you,
my very best friend.
P.S. Actually, it was so late when I looked up the prompt, I didn’t notice love is actually tomorrow’s prompt. <sigh>