So much here to tickle your fancy—and your curiosity.
Beautiful things to look at, and ideas that will help you boost your own creativity.
- Sculptures made from discarded metal.
- Murals that incorporate their surroundings.
- A clue may shed light on Vincent Van Gogh’s last days.
- The hundred best books of the last twenty years. I’ve read maybe ten of these; they were all good except for one which I can’t remember. One more is in my TBR pile. Most of these I’ve never even heard of.
- I love this artist’s Instagram page.
- Rebellious nuns.
- Are you living the dream? Why not?
- A little city of zentangled architecture.
- Free summer-themed quilt patterns.
- Wonderful photos of scenes in Saigon—and each one includes at least one motorbike.
- I have long loved Grant Snider’s Incidental Comics. This article explains his process for a recent book cover he illustrated.
- Admit it—you’ve been thinking about starting your own podcast. How hard is it, really? Read this article to find out.
Beautiful stuff to look at:
- Zenbutton technique.
- Awesome murals.
- Drawing ideas for kids of any age.
- Dads at their daughters’ weddings.
- The hardest part of writing. Yep.
- Have you always wanted to paint a mural in downtown Phoenix? Here’s your chance.
- It’s never too late to learn to paint.
- Things to see (from a distance) in Austin.
- My friend, artist Vesna Taneva-Miller, has one of the most eclectic Instagram pages I’ve ever seen.
- Who says you have to use a pen or pencil to draw?
- A reading list of classics by Black authors.
- Go to Egypt and tour Ramesses VI’s tomb—virtually.
This week’s offering is heavy on reading lists. You’re welcome.
Amusing. Beautiful. Interesting.
Pretty things and creepy things. Great ideas and sad thoughts.
- Gorgeous creepy crawlers.
- A different kind of book nook. I didn’t know these were a thing.
- Do you have lots of scraps in your fabric stash? Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
- Photography on grass.
- Suicide’s painful legacy. Don’t do it. Ask for help.
- Amazing underwater photography.
- This Vile painter will make you see through walls.
- If your favorite cartoon characters were fossils. . .
- A gorgeous travel-sketch-journal to inspire you.
- I’m sharing this post about the Road to California quilt show especially because it features a quilt made by the fabulous Cindy Stohn.
- Read these 25 excellent suggestions for improving your life and be encouraged.
- Nathalie goes to Austin. (I have a friend who lives there. Now that I know how cool it is, I’ll have to go visit her. . .)
Mostly artsy stuff this week: