So many of these articles touch my heart.
Good stuff here for artistic people.
Eye candy and brain activators.
Halloween is coming soon. . .
A lot of interesting articles this week.
Funny stuff. Pretty stuff. Serious stuff.
- Some of these will make you laugh and some will make you cry, but it’s all good.
- Writers, should you write a cozy mystery?
- Did you ever have a great idea, get started on it, take a break from it, and feel guilty about never getting back to it? Sometimes you just gotta let go.
- Nathalie escorts us on a tour featuring murals in Jersey City.
- More murals; these are from Montreal. (FYI, Norm no longer coordinates Thursday Doors. Go to No Facilities for those now.)
- How to say no. Why to say no.
- Love flowers? You’re gonna love these photos.
- Black artists (and artists of color) lack the opportunities their white counterparts enjoy.
- You might enjoy this Instagrammer’s paintings for World Watercolor Month.
- You have to see these amazing crochet projects. (I’ll pass on the broccoli hat, but I want almost everything else.)
- The most beautiful gifs I’ve ever seen. Depending on your internet connection, they might take a few moments to load, but hang on, they’re worth it.
- A sculptor abandons metal in favor of fabric.
So much here to tickle your fancy—and your curiosity.
Beautiful things to look at, and ideas that will help you boost your own creativity.
- Sculptures made from discarded metal.
- Murals that incorporate their surroundings.
- A clue may shed light on Vincent Van Gogh’s last days.
- The hundred best books of the last twenty years. I’ve read maybe ten of these; they were all good except for one which I can’t remember. One more is in my TBR pile. Most of these I’ve never even heard of.
- I love this artist’s Instagram page.
- Rebellious nuns.
- Are you living the dream? Why not?
- A little city of zentangled architecture.
- Free summer-themed quilt patterns.
- Wonderful photos of scenes in Saigon—and each one includes at least one motorbike.
- I have long loved Grant Snider’s Incidental Comics. This article explains his process for a recent book cover he illustrated.
- Admit it—you’ve been thinking about starting your own podcast. How hard is it, really? Read this article to find out.