Lots of artsy stuff today.
4, 6, and 7 are especially beneficial for the new year.
- I’ve read a bunch of these memoirs and found a few to add to my TBR pile.
- Natural fashion.
- For all the writers. Especially the freelancers. Do you deserve a reward today?
- How to be a good father.
- I love The Frugal Crafter! Here’s an upcycling project she recently posted. I love the video as well as the instructions.
- Ways to put failures and setbacks into perspective. (Warning: the F-word is used liberally in this article.)
- Using the Da Vinci Schedule to increase your productivity and prevent burnout.
- I think my next quilt project for myself should be a red-and-white Christmas quilt. Some of these done up in Christmas fabrics would work very nicely.
- I’d love to see the tools this artist used to cut this lacy octopus.
- Why art matters.
- I find this sculpture particularly moving.
- Your creativity requires structure.
Beautiful, unusual, entertaining, fun, and creative:
Your weekly fix of artistic inspiration.
- House block quilts.
- Palm paintings.
- Advice about creativity.
- A closer look at Gustav Klimt’s painting, The Kiss.
- How to get really good at something.
- I am such a terrible mother. I never even thought of doing this. My girls are now in their twenties and thirties. Maybe when (if) I have granddaughters…
- Photos of Jersey City and Manhattan. (As a former Jersey girl, I get a little homesick when I see scenes like these.)
- Do you have too many books? Maybe not.
- Amazing footage captured on a security camera and the science behind it.
- Art with an expiration date.
- How an engineering student became a children’s book illustrator.
- What do you see in the clouds?