I see gorgeous old wood peeking out from behind peeling paint; what should be transparent, isn’t; the missing pane of glass is a portal into darkness.
Now it’s your turn. What do you see? Share in the comments below.
4, 6, and 7 are especially beneficial for the new year.
- I’ve read a bunch of these memoirs and found a few to add to my TBR pile.
- Natural fashion.
- For all the writers. Especially the freelancers. Do you deserve a reward today?
- How to be a good father.
- I love The Frugal Crafter! Here’s an upcycling project she recently posted. I love the video as well as the instructions.
- Ways to put failures and setbacks into perspective. (Warning: the F-word is used liberally in this article.)
- Using the Da Vinci Schedule to increase your productivity and prevent burnout.
- I think my next quilt project for myself should be a red-and-white Christmas quilt. Some of these done up in Christmas fabrics would work very nicely.
- I’d love to see the tools this artist used to cut this lacy octopus.
- Why art matters.
- I find this sculpture particularly moving.
- Your creativity requires structure.
Here are some of my favorite memes from this year:
A baker’s dozen of artful articles (better for you than donuts!):
- Pretty mandalas.
- Illustrations of Barbara Bongini.
- Art. Color. Ballet.
- Shooting portrait photographs.
- A case FOR littering…
- Success secrets of geniuses.
- Six words that can prevent misunderstandings. (So much nicer than “Why are you telling me this?”)
- Use perspective like a fourth grader.
- Steampunk seafood?
- I always love it when Treadlemusic posts pictures of what her quilting group made.
- Living in a small town in Queens, New York.
- Are you looking for some songs that promote Christian values for your little ones?
- Want to improve yourself? Bring this reading list to the library with you.
Once upon a time, this circle of concrete secured our mailbox.
Until my husband took it out.
While backing down the driveway in his car.
Fifteen articles to stimulate your muse.
- Animal sculptures from trash.
- Great cafés to write in.
- This quilt show article is from last January, but the quilts are still beautiful.
- High-tech museum.
- The cutest bookmarks I’ve ever seen.
- I don’t really understand sgraffito, but this artwork is beautiful.
- Some cute fall quilting projects. You could make these. Yes, you could.
- When drawing, do you have trouble with perspective? Here’s a technique that can make your drawings more three-dimensional.
- I’ve always loved Degas’ sculpture of The Little Dancer.
- I want this bathroom makeover.
- The art of Gustav Klimt.
- Lovely colored pencil drawings.
- InkTober sketches (not mine).
- Some lovely pumpkins for you.
- And some cool jack-o-lanterns.