Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still. ~Katerina (Kate) Janoskova
America’s biggest problem is its citizens, not its politicians…in a democratic system, if a bunch of lunatics and scoundrels are in power it’s because the people chose to put them there. ~Matt Walsh
Sorry, folks–I closed the comments to keep the lid on the can of worms I opened. Yes, I know, I’m a coward.
Friendship is one of the most valuable treasures on earth. Like a precious gem when light shines through, it projects all its colors onto the background of our lives. Truly, it is friendship that makes us rich. To share with a friend is to double the joy, while sharing sadness halves the pain. When we’re with a friend, the sun shines warmer, the birds sing more beautifuly, the ocean is wider, and the mountains are higher. ~Marjolein Bastin
Found on Facebook.
Twelve nudges to become a more creative you:
- One of my most favorite illustrators!
- Underwater photography.
- The best debut novels of 2018.
- Something you can do right now to increase your creativity.
- Love to travel, but hate crowds? Here are some alternate destinations.
- Lots of free patterns for mini-quilts.
- Sometimes no one listens to you because you’re not the boss, even though you have good, helpful ideas. Here’s how you can increase your influence.
- Literary Easter eggs.
- In praise of fountain pens and the archaic practice of hand-writing.
- Wisdom from Ben Franklin.
- How listening to music helps you get stuff done.
- What you should know about marriage before you take the plunge. (But it’s never too late to become marriage material.)