I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. ~William Butler Yeats
If you were meant to cure cancer or write a symphony or crack cold fusion and you don’t do it, you not only hurt yourself, even destroy yourself. You hurt your children. You hurt me. You hurt the planet.
You shame the angels who watch over you and you spite the Almighty, who created you and only you with your unique gifts, for the sole purpose of nudging the human race one millimeter farther along its path back to God.
Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got. ~Steven Pressfield in The War of Art
I want to go on living even after my death! And therefore I am grateful to God for giving me this gift, this possibility of developing myself and of writing, of expressing all that is in me. I can shake off everything if I write, my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn. But, and that is the great question, will I ever be able to write anything great, will I ever become a journalist or a writer? I hope so, oh, I hope so very much, for I can recapture everything when I write, my thoughts, my ideals, and my fantasies. ~Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl.
All sorts of ideas to enhance your creativity, plus things that are just plain beautiful.
- I hate drones, but I love the photos they take.
- Variations on a Zentangle theme.
- The grandeur of yesteryear, now abandoned.
- What you mean when you say you love something.
- Ideas for paintings.
- Tips for photographing urban landscapes.
- For the novelists: not sure how to outline your novel?
- I bet you know a lot of these literary quotes.
- Quilt design stops and starts.
- How to get out of a creative rut.
- Podcasts, books, tv shows, movies, and other stuff that might interest you.
- Take time to smell the flowers.