Five of these articles are about quilts or quilting or photographing quilts. But there are also blogging tips, a summer reading list, and other interesting stuff.
These articles held my interest this week:
Some interesting stuff; some funny stuff; some deep stuff.
- This one’s a little hard to look at. A sculptor made prosthetic masks for soldiers disfigured in World War I.
- Can you stand any more Covid-19 jokes?
- Many variations on the tangle Printemps.
- How to machine-quilt a border with an S-curve ruler.
- A prayer from 1968 that is so timely today.
- Do you have books you read and reread multiple times? Me, too.
- What if they had texting in Medieval times?
- The truth about Meissen porcelain.
- A professional watercolorist’s life.
- Spiritual director Marsha Crockett’s journal provides guided meditations and contemplative helps. You can also follow her on Instagram.
- One of my favorite artists painted a lovely portrait of Ruth Bader Ginsberg and paired it with a poetic tribute.
- I’ve read some of these books (and they were great) and seen rave reviews of others. Anyway, if you don’t know what to read next, maybe pick something off this list.
Excellence in creativity:
- A wonderful quilt show from a few years ago.
- Zentangle meets lettering.
- More than 40 years ago, my hubby and I used to scuba dive. The most exciting things we ever saw underwater were lobster, which Greg captured and we took home to eat. Click on the link to see some even more awesome sights.
- Cleaning out Grandpa’s house? Don’t you dare toss those old snapshots without looking at them.
- I don’t think I’ve ever seen these Picassos before. They are not what I would have expected.
- The writers will get this.
- They don’t make cars like this anymore.
- I enjoy this artist’s Instagram page.
- I wish I’d sketched my kids when they were small. How precious those pictures would be.
- If you like a little science or technology with your romance, you might like these books.
- You’ve never seen insects fly like this.
- Are tiles low art?
Wow! Creative stuff this week.
Beautiful stuff to look at:
- Zenbutton technique.
- Awesome murals.
- Drawing ideas for kids of any age.
- Dads at their daughters’ weddings.
- The hardest part of writing. Yep.
- Have you always wanted to paint a mural in downtown Phoenix? Here’s your chance.
- It’s never too late to learn to paint.
- Things to see (from a distance) in Austin.
- My friend, artist Vesna Taneva-Miller, has one of the most eclectic Instagram pages I’ve ever seen.
- Who says you have to use a pen or pencil to draw?
- A reading list of classics by Black authors.
- Go to Egypt and tour Ramesses VI’s tomb—virtually.
This week’s offering is heavy on reading lists. You’re welcome.
A dozen neat things to enjoy this weekend.
Happy to provide your weekend inspiration. You’re welcome.