Your weekly fix of artistic inspiration.
- House block quilts.
- Palm paintings.
- Advice about creativity.
- A closer look at Gustav Klimt’s painting, The Kiss.
- How to get really good at something.
- I am such a terrible mother. I never even thought of doing this. My girls are now in their twenties and thirties. Maybe when (if) I have granddaughters…
- Photos of Jersey City and Manhattan. (As a former Jersey girl, I get a little homesick when I see scenes like these.)
- Do you have too many books? Maybe not.
- Amazing footage captured on a security camera and the science behind it.
- Art with an expiration date.
- How an engineering student became a children’s book illustrator.
- What do you see in the clouds?
This week’s dozenly dose of creative articles:
- Personally, I love reading young adult novels. Here are this year’s best sellers.
- Breathtaking blue quilts.
- This looks like a great workspace setup.
- Photos of surreal beauty and long-past glory…
- Did you know you can cultivate habits that make you smarter?
- These dishes give me the creeps, and yet I admire their artistry.
- Don’t fall into the comparison trap. Would you believe Henri Matisse felt he did not measure up to the other artists of his day?
- Kauai is on my bucket list, but one of my favorite artists is there now.
- The ultimate artist DIY—making your own paints.
- Inspiration for writers.
- Beautiful illustrations by Tina MacNaughton.
- Map of the world, redesigned to eliminate distortion.
Nine articles, mostly art-related.
A dozen beautiful things to ponder on a Good Friday:
Thirteen lucky articles to make you smile and tweak your imagination.
Thirteen articles to inspire you.
Fourteen articles to impart sweet delight to your day: