12 wonderful articles to mull over.
- Quilt show!
- Now go to South Africa for a quilt festival. Be sure to watch the video, although it may give you vertigo. She runs through the whole exhibition hall and films hundreds of quilts in a few minutes. My eyes (and her camera) don’t focus that fast, and maddeningly, she doesn’t linger at some of the quilts I most want to get a good look at.
- What will your legacy be?
- Excellent destinations for a writer’s vacation. (Be sure to check out the suggestions in the comments as well.)
- Why you should write short stories.
- Amazing amateur photography.
- Autumn foliage.
- Why writers read.
- These signs had me laughing out loud.
- An unsolved mystery from 120 years ago.
- Celebrating World Ballet Day.
- The value of Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. I’ve been meaning to read it.
On Tuesday, my husband’s podiatrist told us she got her flu shot. Somehow, that fills me with hope for 2021. So do these awesome articles:
- This one made me cry. The video is too echo-y. Scroll down and read the essay.
- Writer’s playlist.
- When we can travel again, maybe we can go to Mexico.
- This article from 2018 may help you set your creative goals for 2021.
- 12-year-old Jesus didn’t have all the answers.
- Interesting shots.
- Everything I know about physicist Richard Feynman I learned from watching The Big Bang Theory. I didn’t know he liked to draw.
- Good advice. And some not as good. And some I don’t understand.
- These signs made me laugh.
- There are reasons why you shouldn’t drive drunk, and there are reasons why you shouldn’t sing drunk. But they’re not the same reasons. Apparently, singing drunk is great fun, and nobody dies. Read about the Australian Pub Choir.
- A quilter shares the 17 quilts she made in 2020.
- This is an interesting idea: praying with index cards.
Lots of inspiring stuff this week.
Actually, it’s a lamp post along the canal in my neighborhood. But it’s kind of a sign. My offering for the Tuesday Photo Challenge.