Interesting stuff this week:
With all this sheltering-in-place, we need a little diversion, whimsy, and beauty.
- Recreating masterpieces. See also #9.
- The notorious Banksy.
- Who would have guessed I’d find two Banksy articles in the same week? Here’s what happens when he works from home.
- Reading suggestions for staying at home.
- I really like this format for poetry.
- Animal Farm illustrated.
- Would you like to sleep at Stephen King’s house?
- Surf’s up! Prizewinning surfing photos.
- Even gerbils need art galleries. (But please don’t eat the furniture.)
- Oh, crumb! I missed the Arizona Quilt Show. Not to worry—here are some great pictures.
- Do you love children’s picture books? Look at these glorious illustrations and enter the giveaway.
- Ever hear of coade stone? Me neither, but at one time it was a very popular sculpting material.
Great ideas to get your creative mojo going this weekend.
- Two quilt shows.
- Cuba in photographs.
- Beautiful paintings and drawings by David Harrison.
- Lovely tangles.
- Paper creatures.
- I don’t understand all these artsy apps, but they’re cool.
- Reading aloud to older children is beneficial, too.
- The stuff at thrift stores just keeps getting better.
- Stephen King takes a stand in favor of book reviews in the local newspaper, and his fans support him—and subscribe to the newspaper.
- Design trends for 2019.
- Photos of forest fauna in Finland.
- When life gives you snow, make a snow sculpture.
Back with creative inspiration.