Interesting stuff this week:
- Kids’ names for things are so much better than their actual names.
- Wow! I love this zentangle artist’s Instagram.
- Books you haven’t read yet that you’ll wish you hadn’t waited to read.
- Blue is my favorite color, so I love blue quilts and blue-and-white quilts. And you can get the patterns for most of these for free.
- Remember going to the beach? <sigh>
- Writing advice from Stephen King.
- I am a sucker for life lessons. There’s always something new to try.
- 10 daily habits that will help you write that book.
- Erosion documented.
- Elmer’s bottle tree ranch.
- The Mumbai airport is perhaps one of the most beautiful in the world.
- Interesting photographs.
With all this sheltering-in-place, we need a little diversion, whimsy, and beauty.
- Recreating masterpieces. See also #9.
- The notorious Banksy.
- Who would have guessed I’d find two Banksy articles in the same week? Here’s what happens when he works from home.
- Reading suggestions for staying at home.
- I really like this format for poetry.
- Animal Farm illustrated.
- Would you like to sleep at Stephen King’s house?
- Surf’s up! Prizewinning surfing photos.
- Even gerbils need art galleries. (But please don’t eat the furniture.)
- Oh, crumb! I missed the Arizona Quilt Show. Not to worry—here are some great pictures.
- Do you love children’s picture books? Look at these glorious illustrations and enter the giveaway.
- Ever hear of coade stone? Me neither, but at one time it was a very popular sculpting material.
Great ideas to get your creative mojo going this weekend.
- Two quilt shows.
- Cuba in photographs.
- Beautiful paintings and drawings by David Harrison.
- Lovely tangles.
- Paper creatures.
- I don’t understand all these artsy apps, but they’re cool.
- Reading aloud to older children is beneficial, too.
- The stuff at thrift stores just keeps getting better.
- Stephen King takes a stand in favor of book reviews in the local newspaper, and his fans support him—and subscribe to the newspaper.
- Design trends for 2019.
- Photos of forest fauna in Finland.
- When life gives you snow, make a snow sculpture.
Back with creative inspiration.
- Beautiful tangles.
- Why does Stephen King make the big bucks?
- Creativity game.
- What to do when it hurts to walk. I wish I’d done this with my cane.
- How to find the work you were meant to do.
- The joy of embroidery—especially cross stitch.
- Amazing paintings of fruit.
- Some people like murals. Some don’t. I do.
- How do comic writers and artists write their comics?
- An explanation of the basic elements of photography.
- One of my favorite illustrators is working on animation.
- Though the title claims there are ten, there are really only eight Beatrix Potter quotes in this article. That doesn’t mean they’re not profound.
- Want to see more about Beatrix Potter?