Neat stuff floating in our creative juice this week.
A lot to admire in this week’s collection of articles.
All sorts of creative things to look at.
Hey, if you’re a writer, there are THREE articles here for you. And nine for everybody else.
- Design so beautiful you’ll want to live here.
- Like dogs and horses? Then you’ll love this Instagram account.
- For the fiction writers: tips from Margie Lawson.
- Sculptures made from zip-ties.
- An artist celebrates her pregnancy.
- Does your writing routine (or any creative practice) need a refresh? Go outside.
- Do you like sunflowers? Here’s a bunch of ‘em.
- Interesting street art.
- Why writers should just do it and get it over with. (Sensitivity alert: there is a metaphor in this article that may be offensive to some people and may be an anxiety trigger for others. It made me laugh. Full disclosure: I’ve never had this procedure; back in the Stone Age, when I was dating, it wasn’t yet a “thing.”)
- Do you ever think about writing your memoir?
- I’m glad I read this. The pandemic, which I thought was almost over, is back again with a vengeance, and I have been longing for the good old days like nobody’s business. I needed a reminder that our lives before weren’t necessarily great, and I don’t have to look at the present like it’s oppressive.
- Chimneys used to be a much bigger deal than they are today.
Creativity and beauty in spades:
Pretty things and creepy things. Great ideas and sad thoughts.
- Gorgeous creepy crawlers.
- A different kind of book nook. I didn’t know these were a thing.
- Do you have lots of scraps in your fabric stash? Here are some ideas of what to do with them.
- Photography on grass.
- Suicide’s painful legacy. Don’t do it. Ask for help.
- Amazing underwater photography.
- This Vile painter will make you see through walls.
- If your favorite cartoon characters were fossils. . .
- A gorgeous travel-sketch-journal to inspire you.
- I’m sharing this post about the Road to California quilt show especially because it features a quilt made by the fabulous Cindy Stohn.
- Read these 25 excellent suggestions for improving your life and be encouraged.
- Nathalie goes to Austin. (I have a friend who lives there. Now that I know how cool it is, I’ll have to go visit her. . .)
We stand on the shoulders of creative giants. Give yourself a boost with these twelve articles.
Nudge your creativity into action with these wonderful ideas: