A lot of articles that will stimulate your thinking this week. And some pretty stuff.
- Wonderful woodworking projects.
- I’ve never gone to a county fair. Have you?
- I never knew sea grass was so interesting.
- Dreams may be the key to your creativity.
- Feedback hurts. How to accept it in stride, and how to give it constructively.
- Habitat for Humanity in Phoenix is trying out 3D printed homes.
- Extraordinary photos of ocean waves.
- Just the thought of tattoos makes me cringe, but these are amazing.
- James Rey Sanchez discusses his process and how he broke into illustrating children’s books.
- A painter discusses Paul Cézanne’s still lifes. More about Cézanne.
- Halloween is less than two months away. There is no better time for writing horror. Here are thirteen tips.
- Whatever the art, you’ve got to put in the time. Every day.
This is an art-heavy edition.
Beauty is truth, truth beauty ~John Keats
A baker’s dozen of links to delight you with beauty and creativity and personal growth.
- Fabulous review of a children’s book about poetry.
- Great abstract art project for children or adults. You’ll need colored tissue paper.
- A totally different way to enhance your creativity.
- The argument for output.
- Quilters: do you have a bunch of “orphan blocks”? Here’s what to do with them (and an idea for accumulating more).
- Literary nerd types will love this analysis.
- An exercise for writers who want to find their voice.
- Pretty art journal pages.
- This quirky, artsy hotel is located right next to the Irish Cultural Center, where I folk dance. It was vacant for a long time, and recently reopened.
- I’m not wild about tattoos, but these are really interesting.
- Beautiful Iranian architecture.
- The virtues of mini-quilts.
- Beautiful cakes.
It’s hard to be creative with the holidays looming, right? Here are a dozen articles to get you in the mood:
Some of the most creative articles I found online this week:
Creative Juice is a Friday feature on ARHtistic License sharing online articles about the arts or the creative process to help get your juices flowing.
Here’s what I’ve got for you this week: