I’m so happy to join this challenge! Here are some of the beautiful trees in my neighborhood. Click on the images to enlarge.
All kinds of good stuff.
- Basel, Switzerland. Or Basel, France. Or Basel, Germany.
- A watercolorist’s process. Her roses are amazing.
- Beautiful paintings.
- Following an obsession with Magritte.
- You know God is capable of giving you a miracle, but it doesn’t happen. How do you respond to that?
- How to be smarter.
- I wish I had a cute little quilting studio like this one.
- The power of a tree to comfort.
- If you follow this blog, you know I’m a fan of Inktober, the drawing challenge that comes around every October. Here’s an article about another participant’s experience from three years ago (but still timely).
- Speaking of challenges, NaNoWriMo is coming up next month. Have you ever wanted to write a novel?
- I don’t really want to be a millionaire, but I think the suggestions in this article could help anyone have a better life.
- I am such a fan of Fair Isle sweaters.
Today’s prompt is hugging a tree.
while I drove north to drop my older daughter at camp,
the youngest asked, “Mommy, is this a forest?”
it was then that I realized I’d raised city kids
yes, this was a national forest
but at this altitude the trees were mixed
with desert cactus, very unlike
the forest I’d grown up with in the east
a few years later at church camp
while I tried to keep all my kids in sight
an elder said, “Let them go. They’re safe here.”
hard to trust that they wouldn’t disappear
or break a leg falling from a tree-branch perch
their first opportunity to roam free
as I did in my childhood decades before