Beautiful things to admire or make.
- Fish made out of junk.
- Winter in beautiful Romania.
- Oscars fashions from years back.
- Beautiful Zentangles.
- Quilt tutorial: Teresa Down Under teaches how to make Delectable Mountain blocks and how to arrange them to create different kinds of quilts.
- What matters most to an artist?
- Like donuts? Wonderful watercolor tutorial.
- Your cat needs a ladder.
- Mardi Gras, but different.
- El Alto’s architecture is over the top.
- Free quilt patterns to make for St. Patrick’s Day. (Well, maybe for next Patrick’s Day!)
- These beautiful wedding dresses and bridal head dresses almost make me want to get married all over again.
This week’s Diva Challenge is to either finish an incomplete tile, or make a new one using the patterns Drawings and Dewd. I didn’t have anything in progress, so I tried my first-ever Drawings and Dewd.
Somehow I got out of sequence. This should have been last week’s collection. Somehow I misplaced it after I found the Grant Snider piece. . .
This week’s Diva Challenge is to tangle something inspired by Valentine’s Day. I studied Chen Sin Chun’s lovely pattern, Peacock, and wondered if I could create something like it, but starting with a heart. Here is what I came up with:
I’m calling it HeartEcho.
You can see my other Zentangle Valentines here.
Starting in late January, I begin to think about hearts for Valentine’s Day when I work on my Zentangle creations. Here’s what I came up with for this year.
This was for the Diva Challenge #382. The patterns used were Heart Rope, Heart N Half with Luv-a, Stribations, and Heart Offset:
Below is Dot Grid:
And the featured pattern in this heart is Biscus. I like the shattered mirror effect:
I made this for Diva Challenge #384. The patterns are Anthem, Heart Rope, and Fescu:
I drew Heart N Half around the edges of the larger heart:
This tile features Heartswell with Kiss in the background:
And, finally, a heart with Leashed Hart around the edges:
My favorite of these is the next-to-last one with Heartswell. Which do you like best?
If you’d like to see my past Valentine designs, click here for 2018 and here for 2017.
I drew the Diva Challenge featured tangle, Anthem, and added a little Valentine love with Heartrope and filled in with Fescu. I used a brush marker from a set my son Andy gave me a year ago for the background.