“No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.” — Gen. Douglas MacArthur
“Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the Armed Forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard.” — President John F. Kennedy
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” — Gen. George S. Patton
“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.” — Winston S. Churchill
“America without her Soldiers would be like God without His angels.” — Claudia Pemberton
Found on military.com.
It’s been a while since I’ve participated in the Diva Challenge, but I hope to get back in the swing. Patterns used below are Burtz, Chimera, and Fluxecho:
Sunday was my birthday, and last Saturday my daughter Katie took me to Boyce Thompson Arboretum. A forty-five-minute drive from her home, the Arboretum is surrounded by desert.
It’s close to Tonto National Forest and I expected there would be lots of trees. (Click on the smaller images to enlarge and scroll through.)
But there’s so much more. Cacti, succulents, and flowers that thrive in the desert:
Roses! and butterflies:
Sculptures and benches and structures from which to rest and enjoy the view:
And speaking of views, you can see mountains from the trails.
I love the desert, and Boyce Thompson Arboretum shows off its beauty. We saw only a small portion of the park during the hours we were there, but Katie is a member of the Arboretum and promised me I can visit any time I want as her guest. We’ll be back soon.
Oh, the web is full of joy and beauty…
- I love this facelift of Palmitas in Mexico, but the playing with fire in the video makes me nervous…
- The article says these images are paintings, but they’re so three-dimensional they look like sculpture to me.
- Unusual houseboats.
- How to get your picture taken for the Police Dog Calendar. (Step 1: be a dog.)
- The bittersweet part of remodeling.
- Beautiful photographs from around the world.
- I’m still learning how to use my DSLR camera, and I found this article enlightening.
- Beautiful tangles.
- What is art?
- Good dogs.
- Delightfully detailed miniature paintings.
- These art memes cracked me up.
Thanks to Alex Mathers.