A dozen inspiring articles to spark your creativity:
- Beautiful Jersey City and Paterson, New Jersey.
- Two of my favorite things: quilts and limericks.
- Art dolls.
- Can creativity be taught?
- These new books sound great. Hollywood thought so, too.
- This article about Picasso summarizes: “Not only has massive chunks of our culture been created by specific men who abuse women but also that so-called ‘Western culture’ in its entirety has been marked and in many ways defined by systemic and institutionalized misogyny that has chewed up women for art and discarded them en masse.” Some things never change. Or can they?
- Do you like potato chips that look like faces, and clouds that look like other objects? Then this quick video will make you smile.
- How to draw a fox.
- Some beautiful tangles.
- What the blank spaces in a painting convey.
- Inexpensive copies of art masterpieces you’ll use every day.
My offerings for the Tuesday Photo Challenge prompt, bridge:
The first is at Tonto Natural Bridge State Park.
The next is a footbridge over the canal near my hone.
And finally, a merely decorative one in my neighborhood.
A lot of incredible photography this week. And some other stuff. Enjoy!
- Sunset in.
- Unfortunately, most of the things I make are like something I’ve seen. How do we acquire the courage to experiment with an original design?
- I <heart> NY!
- This would be a fun art project to do with kids.
- Three friends travel through Europe, following Van Gogh’s footsteps to gain insight into his art.
- “Illustwriter” Hallie Bateman talks about inspiration.
- Gorgeous quilts!
- Amazing photographs of birds.
- Just 30 seconds of Christmas decorations at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
- Liquid rugs.
- How does this happen? People in art museums blending in with the artwork…
- Dizzying photographs of a Chinese library.
Western Canal, Tempe, AZ.
Twelve sips of creative juiciness to inspire artistic vision.
- Total cuteness.
- Why bloggers blog.
- It’s not too early to start some Christmas quilting projects.
- In honor of the coming 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, here are Martin Luther’s 95 Theses. I confess I haven’t read them yet, but I’ve printed them out with every intention of studying them.
- Awesome prize-winning photographs from the National Geographic contest.
- Epic ink landscapes.
- For the writers: best books about writing. I only know half of these—I’ve got some reading to do!J
- A cute and easy little weaving project for kids of all ages.
- I’d love to see a resurgence of interest in embroidery. Here’s what you need to get started.
- There are still a few days left to enter this photography contest. Check out your competitors.
- Homage to the doily.
- It’s almost time for the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall.